8| A Different Feeling

The team stood shocked as Hunter and Sebastian entered the room. This day had gotten worse. Sebastian told them he was in full control for the next while, and they wouldn't be seeing Barry for a long time. Oliver stood separate from the others. No Barry right now? Barry'd said after the concert, had he lied?

--------------

WHAM! Sebastian hit Top in the face and then cuffed the villainess. She had decided today was the day she wanted some revenge, but she chose the wrong day. Sebastian had been training with the team and, well, he'd been getting faster, smarter, and better with each passing day. It had been three days since Barry had been locked in the back of Sebastian's head, and it was going smoothly.

But here's the truth: Sebastian was enjoying it. He didn't have to be that voice inside Barry's head anymore. He could do what he pleased as long as it obeyed the law.

He moved Top to Iron Heights and started running back to STAR Labs. As he ran, he thought about everything he could muster. The bullying at Dalton, the upcoming concert, the requirement of stealing technology for General Wade Eiling, the fact that his own boyfriend kidnapped him for personal reasons. It hurt him a lot, the fact Hunter was capable of doing that to him.

But Hunter had explained everything; Hunter had gone into military school after getting clean. He had done well, but he decided against one of the things Eiling had ordered him "It was terrible, Bas," Hunter had said when they went home that night. "I had to murder a bunch of innocents. But at the last moment, I decided against it. I turned around and shot one of the other soldiers. Eiling allowed me to stay, said I owed him. I told him right then and there, that I was done. He said that he required something that would compensate for the debt. He said that I should transfer to Central City at the CCPD. I remember Thad had texted me and told me where you were. So, I thought... maybe, you could help me." He started crying in Sebastian's arms.

They formally decided to move in together. It was Thanksgiving, but they decided this would one of their Christmas presents. Barry had sold his apartment months ago and was living with Joe. Sebastian had to pretend for a while before telling Joe he was moving out. Hunter suggested they look for a nice place together as his own would be taken back by his father soon.

Sebastian realized this: S.T.A.R Labs belonged to him, Gideon belonged to him. Eobard had left that for Barry, and now Sebastian was Barry, or, well, he was in Barry's body.

Even for Sebastian's level of intelligence, it hurt to think about it. It was already such a complex situation.

But he needed this, he needed a life. He realized he had made it to S.T.A.R Labs, and he was still getting used to using super-speed longer than for a couple of minutes. He wore the Flash outfit still, it had been required by the team because, apparently, you can't do this without protecting everyone in your life. He saw Hunter walking into the building. Not wanting to cause a scene with Oliver again, Sebastian flashed to the time vault and texted Hunter to meet him there. When his boyfriend knocked on the wall, Sebastian smirked and opened the door. The two shared a passionate kiss.

When they broke apart, Hunter spoke, "We need to go in there, Seb."

Sebastian's smile evaporated in a second. "Not this again!" He groaned; Oliver had not apologized yet.

"Come on, Sebastian, it'll be easier to do this once we go in there," Hunter responded.

Sebastian huffed and sighed. "I don't want to, but I will for you." Sebastian was usually one to argue until he got his way, but something was nagging at him in the back of his head. No, it was not Barry; Sebastian would feel his presence in his head. Something about Gideon, the AI that Barry created in the future. No, not Gideon, but something in the time vault. Sebastian could sense it, and he would not stop until he found it.

Hunter could see Sebastian had zoned out. There was a wistfulness in his eyes just like when he was planning his next big stunt, meaning it looked like Sebastian had started figuring out what Eiling wanted.

Hunter snapped his fingers in front of Sebastian's face. "Sebastian? Sebastian Henry Smythe!" He said forcefully.

That seemed to do it because Sebastian snapped out of it. "Hunter?" The look he got made him groan. "Fine, let's go." They stood up and walked out of the Time Vault. The couple walked together until they were two feet away from the Cortex.

Hunter made to walk in, but Sebastian held him back. "What the hell?" He said.

"We need to go in separately, Hunter," Sebastian said. "It'll be easier if we go in separately. We have more of a possibility of starting a fight with someone if we go in together." Sebastian gave Hunter a deep kiss and then ushered him inside.

Sebastian gave it about a minute and then walked into the cortex. Oliver stood at the front of the room, staring at a screen; Felicity was typing away at the computers; Cisco was nowhere to be seen, so he was probably in his lab; From the noise coming from the med bay, it could be assumed that Caitlin was organizing her tools; Iris, Joe, Cecile, and Eddie were still at the CCPD; Wally had just left to go get Jesse and Harry.

Sebastian spotted Hunter leaning against the wall, pretending to be invisible, which was working because the team wasn't paying attention to him.

Sebastian walked over to him. "Hey," He said.

"Hi," Hunter replied, simply.

They heard a small clearing of someone's throat, and they realized it was Felicity. She was smiling warmly at them. "I'd hate to interrupt with you two being so cute. But I think we need to have a discussion." She smiled again and then called Cisco on comms. "Hey, Cisco, can you come up here?" She asked through the comms.

"Sure, I'll be right there."

A moment later, Cisco ran through the door. He was out of breath. "I'm here. Go ahead."

Caitlin walked over from the Med Bay.

Oliver asked, "Can we talk to Barry, Sebastian?"

Sebastian felt himself pale.

-----

"No. Barry is..." He turned to Hunter for help.

"Hibernating?" Hunter suggested.

"Yeah, hibernating. He hasn't had a lot of time to not be directing a life for a while, so, yeah." That sucked. "It's hard to explain."

"Can you explain to us why you went missing for twelve hours?" Oliver asked Sebastian.

"Yeah, and why you're withholding information that might be useful?" Caitlin said. Her voice was light-toned and serious. Oliver's, on the other hand, was sharp and mean.

Sebastian came back with twice as much snark as before. "I don't have the patience right now to deal with you, Oliver. You owe my boyfriend an apology for what you said about him. Caitlin, I'm not withholding information; this stuff is personal. And finally, you're all going to show us a little respect, or I will not be nice anymore! Understand?" The team nodded. Oliver was frozen with anger. "Now, Hunter and I have to go to our final practice before the concert tomorrow. I expect you all there." And with that, Sebastian dragged Hunter out of the room.

-----------

The team felt something different, but especially Oliver felt a different feeling than before. He spoke before rushing out of the room, "We need to go to that concert, tomorrow."

-------

A/N: Hey Guys! This chapter for me felt a little necessary. Give you guys some input on how Sebastian is handling being in full control. I promise that the next chapter is the next glee reunion. I didn't have the easiest time writing this. I kept getting caught up in my head about how much you guys might like it. But I hope you did.

XoXo- CaptainR

The next chapter is technically the tenth, so I will tell you then when my new book will drop.