Chapter XIII

"You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars

"You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars."
-E.E. Cummings

"Les, what are you doing?" Az laughed from behind me as I dragged him to the kitchen.

"I'm going to make your food, to accept the mating bond. I don't see you as someone who would throw a party and invite the whole continent." I turned to look at him as a smile grew on his lips.

I pulled him into the small kitchen before pointing him towards the table. As I pulled open the cabinets looking for the ingredients.

Laughing as I realized the house already had everything I needed as if it knew.
"What are you making?" Az asked, breaking me from my intense gaze at the ingredients.

"A recipe that Viviane made, I watched her make it once," he snorted in response.
I ignored his response as I started pouring the mixture of herbs and spices, groaning I added, " I can't cook."

"I can tell," He pointed to the iron pot that was about to boil over.

"Viv always said my type of cooking was with a stick over a fire," I sighed while cleaning up the liquid that was on the counter.

"It will be delicious," his arm wrapped around my waist. Humming in response I leaned into his warmth.

We stayed like that just enjoying each other's presence, till sizzling woke us from our daze.

I poured the liquid into a bowl I found, looking down at it I sighed. "It looks awful," Az's deep laugh showed his agreement, earning a glare from me.

Dipping the silver spoon into the colored liquid, "what even is it?" he asked his forehead scrunching together.

"Gods, I don't even know, you don't have to eat it," his eyes got big.

"No, no, I want to try it, you made it," I raised a brow shocked he would eat my concoction.

He took the spoon and brought it to his mouth. I swallowed a laugh as his lips were pressed into a thin line and his through nodded as he tried to swallow. Handing him the glass of water I
prepared beforehand he took it with a nod before drowning it.

"God, Az it can't be that bad-" I reach for the spoon to prove that he was being dramatic.

He grabbed my arm, spinning me before connecting our lips in a passionate dance. His tongue sliding across my bottom lip asking for an entrance which I granted. He tasted- he tasted like that god awful soup.

I pulled back, earning a displeased look for Az, "That tastes terrible."

A booming laugh echoed through the small house, "Only for you, love."

I buried my head into his shoulder with a groan, my arms wrapped around his neck softly grazing the base of his wings. That seemed to be his undoing.

His hands traveled below my waist where they lifted me to where my legs could wrap around his waist.

He carried me to our room where that night neither of them got any sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving!