Chapter VI

"Anger is the most useless emotion, destructive to the mind and hurtful to the heart"-Stephen King

-Stephen King

Lesley's POV

"Rhys said Azriel's home," Mor announced.

Azriel, my brain rattled with the thought of meeting my savior. What will he think of me, as weak and not being able to protect myself? I pushed the what-ifs down and followed Mor through the hallways that led to the living area.

Cassian caught up to me and leaned down and whispered, "How many guards line the entrance of Winter Courts High Lords home, 16?" I nodded my head.

I felt eyes in me, I ignored them and was greeted by the high lady.

"We have news from the Autumn Court," Rhys sighed my anger getting the best of me

"That is?" I asked, keeping my face blank trying to hide my emotions.

"They aren't happy that you were found in their court, also that you put daggers in two of the high lord's sons," Rhys pointed out, not helping my temper.

I groaned and Mor's jaw dropped, "You didn't tell me!" Mor scolded all of us sensing me on the brink of exploding.

"Were they good hits?" Mor asked me with an evil smirk on her red painted lips.

I smirked in response before turning back to the High Lord" They were the ones who cornered me, plus put me in a coma," I argued, "They have no right to be angry,"

"We have planned a meeting at your home court to have this all cleared, it is with me for tonight," Rhys sighed and I tightened my jaw before saying something to the high lord who I am a guest in his home.

I turned to the presence in the room which was calling for me to look at them. I met his hazel eyes and I could feel my walls dropping. I gave him a tight nod, making sure to seem uninterested, I gave a gentle tug in my stomach.

"Lesley, me and Mor were planning to walk around town tonight, you are welcome to join us," Ferye offered

I denied the offer creating a fake excuse, but said they could take me another day.

"I'll show you to your room," Mor offered with a small smile.

"It's alright, I know the way," I truly did, turning away from Mor and walking through the candlelit hallway my thoughts went to my hazel-eyed savior.

I entered the room, swinging open the heavy door. I kept on the dress Mor put me in and flopped down on the bed with a groan. God, I hated politics.

I looked out towards the horizon seeing the stars that were calling me, crawling out of the fluffy bed I leaned onto the edge of the balcony. Breathing the crisps air, "God," I groaned untying my braid and running my fingers through it.

I look towards the brightly lit streets to see a blonde and a brunette walking through the streets arm linking and singing drinking songs.

I laughed to myself seeing the high lady and Mor. "They keep things loose around the house," I heard a deep voice sound behind me. My daggers were immediately in hand.

I slowly turned to see Azriel, "quick reflexes" he commented.

I laughed to myself, turning back to see the two women fade around a corner. "Thank you," I sighed, turning to face him fully. "I truly am, you saved my life, I am forever in debt to you,"

His hazel eyes seemed ablaze, but he stayed quiet. While he just stood there I took my time to study his wings.

They seemed to be larger than Cassians, and the way the moonlight shone on them could take my breath away.

He slowly came to stand beside me looking out at the city before us. "I thought you would die on me on the flight back, you stopped breathing,"

He still gazed out and I studied his face. Sharp jaw and a nose with a slight bump, probably where it was broken in a fight.

After he said that I had an urge to comfort the male, place my hand on his scared one atop the railing.

"I wasn't aware," I sighed, turning back to the view to see a mother scolding her child. "What did you do, Eris?" I asked trying to change the topic from my near-death experience.

He shrugged his shoulders, "black them out before grading you."

I stayed silent, "the meeting will not be pretty. It might end with murder, I'm not good at withholding my anger." I puffed out a breath.

It was his turn to stay quiet, "Fine, ok, last time I saw Eris was at a war camp. He got a little too close for comfort and I gave his face a pound," I grumbled feeling obligated to tell him why Eris almost killed me.

A deep chuckle sounded beside me before a very drunk more walked in, "Tomorrow all of us are going out, Lesley. Wear something you would never usually wear, I'm getting both of you drunk!"