Chapter V

The world has no right to my heart

-Hamilton (Lin-Manuel Miranda)

Azriel's  POV

I stood leaning against the door framing watching Ferye and Rhys trying to figure out what to do with the information I brought back. My shadows swarmed around my head, 'Cassian, Mor, and Ice Court girl you saved are close.'

Turning towards the other entrance I saw the girl, Rhys told me her name was Lesley, she was nodding to whatever Cassian was leaning down to tell her.

Something pulled in my stomach, I wanted her away from him. I shook the feeling off my eyes turning to scan her, short snowy white hair and piercing blue eyes.

She was almost as tall as me, shoulders wide with muscles that would have formed with years of training.

The dress that hung loose on her body, no doubt something Mor stuck her in. 

"Lesley," Ferye greeted, the girl simply nodded at my high lady offering a smile.

"We have news from the Autumn Court," Rhys sighs leaning back, pulling an arm around his mate's shoulders.

Her eyes immediately darkened, "that is?" Lesley asked, her face blank and her icy blue eyes becoming colder.

"They aren't happy that you were found in their court, also that you put daggers in two of the high lord's sons," Rhys pointed out.

She groaned and Mor's jaw dropped, "You didn't tell me!" Mor scolded all of us. "Were they good hits?" She asked the women beside her.

The white-haired girl only smirked before turning back to the high lord, "They were the ones who cornered me, plus put me in a comma," She sighed, "They have no right to be angry,"

"We have planned a meeting at your home court to have the all cleared, it with me fortnight," Rhys sighed and the woman's jaw was tight.

I didn't even know if she knew I was in the room till her eyes turned to me and her face softened then gave me a swift nod. I kept my face blank, but a slight tug in my gut had my head spinning.

It didn't make any sense, I heard this girl crying for help. How I had no clue, but I had to keep an eye on her.

"Lesley, me and Mor were planning to walk around town tonight, you are welcome to join us," Ferye asked.

Lesley kindly denied the offer saying that her muscles were bothering her and she will take her up on the offer another day. Mor offered to walk her back to her room but, she only smiled saying she knew the way.

Everyone left the room, Mor and Ferye laughing trying to figure out where to go. Cassian planned out scouting the borders then later picking up the girls, Rhys simply shook his head before leaving the room. My thoughts wandered to the blue-eyed girl, wondering what she was doing.

I sent my shadows to see what she was doing, they came back with an image of her watching the sky, for some reason they were telling me to go to her.

I was looking for some pictures of what Lesley would look like, for some reason, Emelia Clake in the Game of Thrones looks exactly like what I imagined her.