Chapter XVIII

"I loved you at your darkest"Romans 5:8

Romans 5:8

Azriel was pouting! The all-mighty shadow signer was pouting because I had a meeting.

"Don't go," he huffed from the bed as I clipped my cloak around my neck.

"Az, I will be gone two hours," I laughed, "maybe even less than that."

He rolled on to his stomach and stretched his wings wide. "That's the longest we have even been apart!"

"Alright, then," I sat beside him and ran a finger along the base of his wings, which came to him as a surprise. "After I check up with Oliver about any problems, I will come and find you and we will head to the training ring."

"Fine," he rolled over and placed soft kisses on my lips which I smiled into.

His hand gripped my waist and I pulled back, "I have to go," I sighed.

I started to walk out, I stopped and turned, "I love you Az."

"Love you too Les" he blew me a kiss and winked.

A smile stayed on my lips the whole way to the conference room.

***

"What the hell do you mean two guards are missing!" I shouted as I pointed a finger at my captain of the guard. "Oliver you should have told me as soon as I arrived!"

"I had ordered!" He was the only person below me I allowed to argue with me.

"Who?"

"Highlord said to let you enjoy being back home and mated." He sighed, running tattooed fingers through his blonde hair. "We have search teams out, but the snow keeps falling, and the men want to be home for Solstice."

"Get my winter horse ready," I walked out of the room.

I cursed under my breath the whole time I walked to my brother in law's office. I pushed open the door without knocking.

Azriel who I supposed was sitting in the chair in front of Kallis's desk jumped up and was in a battle stance. "Oh, hi Az," I gave him a smile and kissed his cheek before turning to the high lord.

"Do I get a kiss?" He smiled.

"No, you are in trouble," I pointed my finger in his face. "Why didn't you tell me two of my men are missing," I paused to calm myself.

"Well.."

"You even told my captain to not inform me!"

He gave me a pointed glare and laid his hands on his desk. "I have sent search team after search team, they have come up empty-handed."

He continued, "Lesley, I care for my people as much as you do. But, you have to understand that this is out of my control. I have sent search dogs and my best tracker and nothing." The way he started it so calm angered me.

"They are my soldiers, I have trained them all, seen them through everything they have been faced with. Do you want me to step down when they disappear, did they just walk off into the woods, or were they taken? Why would they walk away, who would have taken them? Have you ever asked those questions?"

His face stayed calm, "I am going to saddle my horse and searching till I find them." I turned towards the door.

"I have my best looking Lesley, enjoy family time." He stopped me.

"I'm not resting till those men can enjoy Solstice with their family," His face finally showed any sign of emotion.

"Plus, I am the best"