Chapter XV

"You calm my mind and set my heart on fire

"You calm my mind and set my heart on fire. You're that beautiful combination."
-asjumana

We returned back at Velaris a few days ago, but each day the sky kept getting darker.

But, the day they both returned Mor cried angry and happy tears. Angry tears appeared because we were gone so long and didn't immediately tell her, and the happy tears that followed along with her giving me a bear hug and joyful laughter.

Within the first few hours Az and Cassian disappeared, 'to the training ring' Az had growled while he kept eye contact with his brother.

They both returned covered in bruises, thankful no weapons were a part of the so-called spar.

I rolled over yanking on the blanket, the big oof was hogging all the blankets. "Azriel," he only grunted.

"Blankets," I hissed pulling harder on the comforter.

He finally rolled over and pulled me to his chest, I sighed snuggling into his warmth.

Azriel wasn't the only thing that was bothering me, something inside me sparked.

I gasped and jumped out of my mates embrace.

"Lesley! Are you hurt?" Az followed behind me, already in a fighting stance even though he was only in his boxers.

I suppressed a giggle and he glared at me, then I remembered what awoke me. "Snow,"

It came out as a whisper as I yanked open the curtains.

The bright rising sun reflecting off the pillow like snow made the room fill with light.

A giggle accepted me which was echoed by Az's groan. "Are you trying to blind me?"

He was rubbing his still sleepy eyes, but I ignored him. I grabbed his face, "do you know how much I missed snow!"

Az furrowed his brow, "Snow, Az, it's part of me as much as you are!"

He mumbled something about not wanting to share me with an inanimate object, as I ripped open the closet doors and piled on my clothes from the winter court.

"What are you doing?" Azriels sleepy voice sounded as he placed his hands on my now layered hips. "It's not going anywhere," he mentioned the snow and tried pulling back to the bed.

I sighed leaning into him as he was barely able to place soft kisses down my neck for the furry coat.

"I have new skates, and so do you," he pulled away.

"I will fall on my ass," he hissed, it was only a whisper as if Cassian would hear him and never let it live down.

"I would never let you fall," I placed a soft kiss to his scared palm which made him suck in a sharp breath.

While I did so I made sure to look through my lashes, with soft, pleading eyes. "Fine," he huffed.

I clapped my hand together joyfully. "Yay! We will have so much fun!"

***

Apparently, Az didn't find it as fun as I did.

As soon as we stepped out of the warm house his tan cheeks turned a bright red.

"I kinda like the blushing Azriel," I thought aloud as I cleared the deep snow from our path without a thought.

I simply earned a dark glare before his focus went back to his feet as they slowly slid across the black ice.

I chuckled and Azriel gasped as each of us forthcoming steps landed on solid ground not slick ice. "You could at least have asked," I mumbled.

His eyes shot to my feet as my ability made the ice disappear with each of my steps, the same way his know did.

"Thank you love," he said in his deep voice that always made chills run down my back, not because of the cold. He knew it. "Where are we even going, love" he repeated in the same tone.

"I don't really know," I answered truthfully.
Azriel brows shot to his hairline, "what do you mean, I don't know."

"I wanted to see the snow covered streets. They remind me of the winter court where children would skate on the frozen roads," I smiled up at him and linked our arms.

"I always wanted to teach skating, I did, before the war. I truly can't wait to teach our chil- niece or nephew," I caught myself mid-sentence, turning away from my mate.

He softly reached for my chin and brought my eyes to his hazel ones. "Lesley, are you pregnant?"

"No, no! I already took the antidote after the first night." I blurted, his face seemed to drop.

"Oh, Az..." I breathed and reached my mitten covered hands to cup his cheeks. "I'm sorry, I didn't think to ask if you wanted children at the moment."

"No, no, for some reason my hopes got to me, the idea of you as a mother and starting a family sparked a joy in me." He kissed me softly, "it is your choice to decide when."

I immediately decided that soon, soon we will start a family, and I deepened the kiss.

A/N: longer chapter as promised! Two updates in one day, who is she.
Remember all is unedited, please excuse the dreadful errors