Chapter XIV

"This is my confession

"This is my confession. As dark as I am, I will always find enough light to adore you to pieces, with all of my pieces."
-Johnny Nguyen

I woke the next morning to soft kisses down my back, a soft moan escaped my lips before I swiftly rolled over. A grin made its way onto my lips when I saw my mate's dilated pupils.

I leaned up and placed soft kisses on his lips, causing a deep growl in response. "You better behave when we go see everyone," I gave him a pointed look. 

He said nothing while I was getting ready, we kept eye contact while I braided my hair through the mirror.

His hazel eyes were glazed and showed no emotion, "Love, you know I will always be there for you."

His eyes shot open before he sprung out of bed and had me in his arms a moment later. "You are beautiful, you know that?"

I turned my head to the side and examined him, "Azriel." I huffed laying my forehead against his chest.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes, as both his wings and arms wrapped around me. I felt safe.

"Az, I-" he held onto her tighter. "I don't know what to do, my sister, she needs me."

Azriel intertwined our fingers, "I love you, Az."

Another long moment of silence, "damn it Az say something!" 

I pulled away only for him to grip my waist, "Lesley, I love you, no matter the distance or whatever the hell gets in our way. Your sister needs you, yes, but so do I, Les!"

Silent tears slid down my face, "I need you because you are a part of me, my other half, the women who I want to hold every night, the women I want to see carry my children whenever that is. I will stand and fight by your side, but... I will not lose you." his voice broke at the end.

I cupped his cheek, "You will not lose me, but I'm going to be at my sister's side when she gives birth, I want my niece or nephew to know who I am, who you are."

"Rhys needs me," he said blankly, making me glare at him.

"Not every day and every night, I want you to hold me as I sleep, hold me when I weep about my sister and the baby, how my heart expands for a person who hasn't even taken a breath yet."

I cup his cheeks, "We can make this work."

Then he kissed me like, I was the air that he needed as he was drowning.

A/N: Sorry for the long wait and short chapter! More to come soon, also happy late Christmas and New Year!

A new story called 'Death In The Court' was just published on my account, it follows the life of the daughter of Lorcan and Elide, and the son of Aelin and Rowan. It all takes place after the final book of the Throne of Glass series which is also written by Sarah J. Maas.

Here's a short summary:

Abban Galathynius Whitethorn is the second child of Queen Aelin and Rowan, the oldest prince.

Marion Lochan is the daughter of Lorcan and Elide Lochan, she's the future of Perranth.

Until that, all changed...

The two grew up beside each other, together till the end, was their motto.

The statement became true when an unexpected gift showed up in Abban's room. 

This gift would push the two to the unthinkable, away from everything they know and have learned.

To following the little folk through dark forest and diving into the darkest oceans to come face to face with creatures from your worst nightmares.