Chapter IV

Sometimes, we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them

~

Mor dragged me through the twisting hallways, my senses always keeping up how to get back to my room.

"Where are we going, " I groaned as I dodged a table, Mor's hand still in mind dragging me behind her.

"We have to go find Rhys," she stopped in a living area letting go of my hand before walking into a large kitchen connected to it.

I followed close behind see the High Lord and Lady, Rhys standing in front of a heated stove and the high lady sitting on the counter, with a glass in hand.
"Good to see you finally awake Lesley, " he smiled.

"thank you for your kindness, high lord, " I nodded my head, he smiled in response.
More introduced me to the high lady, she was nice and pretty, I was excited to get to know her better.

"Tonight I and Mor will take you out, get some drinks," Feyre smirked, getting a huff from her mate.

After a few minutes of them explaining how wonderful Velaris a male Illyrain marched into the room. He stopped when he saw me, "Ah, you are the one who pissed off Eris so much and had Az all in a knot." He snorted pulling his shoulder-length messy hair into a bun.

"Cassian?" I asked Mor while raising an eyebrow, the overbearing personality gave it away.

"Are you coming to train with us, because I want to see some of your moves," he twisted his hand in a circular motion.

I nodded my head before grading an apple and Cassian doing the same before dragging me out of the room the same way Mor did. Mor followed with a chuckle.

We entered a large arena area, weapons lining the walls. I walked up towards the sword rack to see a black twisted sword. Picking it up I noticed that it was way too light to be any types of metal I've used before.

"A type of Illyrain metal, " Cassian shrugged, still standing beside Mor talking in a low whisper.

I swung the sword in a battle maneuver, ignoring the pain in my back. I stopped when I heard Cassian "no way, " I looked over to Mor who was shushing him.

I raised an eyebrow to the two, "All I told him was about you and swords, " she raised her hands.

"So it's true you were in Casey Battlegroup?" Cassian's eyes were big.
I nodded my head, "Only till the Sennacherib battle, " sighing I placed the sword back on the rack. I laughed watching Cassian trying to ng to pronounce the word to himself, "It means 'sin has replaced my lost brothers,' I lost many friends in the battle."

"my condolences, " Cassian nodded his head in remorse.

"It was a long time ago, " I smiled turning to Mor, "what did he want to see again?"

Cassian answered for her "your ability, I've never seen a Winter Court high fae in action,"

Over the next four hours, I froze over the ground and had snowflakes falling from an icy cloud I created. Mor was skating on the ice, and Cassian was slipping in the middle still asking more and more questions. "Cassian gives the poor girl a break, " Mor scolded, gliding to stand by him.

"I have to know how to battle one when we go to Winter Court to return the girl, we are in the middle of a feud between two powerful courts,"

I slid on the ice, spraying up ice, "when you go to Winter Court you all will be under my protection, if any of my men lay a figure on any of you they will lose that figure" I unfrozen the ice under our feet. "it's the least I could do, " I released a breath. The falling snow stopped with it.

"swords play, our ice protector?" Cassian teased tossing me the sword I marveled at earlier.

Right before I could catch the sword a hard tug pulled in my stomach, I gasped before stretching my hand out and freezing the sword in a large frozen block. Kneeling as I unfreeze the block to get to the sword.

"I thought fae are supposed to have fast reflexes" Cassian nagged.

I growled in response which was cut short my Mor, "Rhys said Azriel's home, "

🎃 Happy Halloween! 👻
Next chapter Azriel and Lesley will be meeting for the first time (her awake.) I was wondering whose point of view would you want it from. Maybe even write two chapters from each of the character's impressions of the other?
Let me know!