Chapter XI

" Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart

" Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart."
-Winnie the Pooh

I woke to Azriel's steady breathing, his arms tightly wrapped around me. As if he sensed me looking at him his eyes slowly opened.

He gave a tired smile, "Hi."

I chuckled before crawling out of his warm embrace instantly regretting it. He stood and stretched out his wings, "Sorry."

He gave me a small smile before coming behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, his wings wrapping around us both.

I laid my head on his arm, "There is no reason to apologize. You were scared, I just wanted to be there for you."

We jumped apart when a loud knock sounded on the door. "Come in," I grunted not wanting to see anyone except Az.

Mor's blonde hair entered with a sly smile on her face that dropped when she saw red eyes. "The letter, is everything ok?" I handed her the parchment.

I stayed quiet for a minute letting her read the letter, I felt a coldness wrap around my wrists. Looking to investigate I saw a small silky shadow intertwined with my fingers, I gave it a tight squeeze getting one in response.

"A baby," Mor gushed, "A baby," she repeated as if to see if it would change.

"Ferye!" She darted out of the room but no before stopping and beckoning for me to follow. I did as she insisted but no before giving Az a quick kiss on his cheek, his face turning a light pink which made me smile.

I followed behind Mor's quick steps till we stood in front of Feyre and Rhys's door. "Feyre! it's your turn, please?" she seemed to ask the angry high lady who jerked the door.

"My turn?" she asked.

Mor shoved the letter in Feyre's hands, it hit me then what Mor wanted to ask of Feyre.

"Feyre, I had no clue that she-" I was cut off at the high lady's laugh. Mor let off an angry huff putting my hands on her slip waste.

"Mor, I promise it will happen one day," she said once she caught her breath giving me a wink.

I chuckled before pulling Mor away from the humored high lady, "Let's go shopping, you said you wanted me to find a dress."

She perked up at that looping her arm through our before us in front of a colorful shop filled with dresses.

We shopped for hours, we even stopped at a baby store to look at my future niece or nephew an outfit.

I picked a pink fluffy dress the right size to fit a newborn. Laughing to myself, Mor's head popped up from behind a shelf of stuffed animals. "What you find," I showed her the dress, "maybe I should get it for Rhys for Christmas and then they get motivated," she laughed before dropping the fluffy dress into her bag, a baby cloth we pick off for Viviane.

We left the shop both laughing after the cashier asked which one of us was expecting. Walking in silence watching the busy streets pass as parents hurried home after work.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw a young boy around six standing in the middle of the busy streets. His eyes were red with tears as some rolled down his desperate face.

I let Mor walk ahead and then approached the little boy, "Hello, are you lost." He nodded his head, "I lost my momma, the-the streets were so busy."

I smiled down at the child, seeing his little fae ears, "I'll help you find her."

He jumped up and pulled his arms around my neck, I felt my body go numb before everything went back.

***

I opened my eyes to see the field me and Azriel just recently visited. I walked towards the edge of the cliff upon hearing laughter.

Peaking over the cliff I saw a male holding a little girl's hand.

"Momma! Come down and play with us!" She shouted up at us jumping up into the males arms, for some reason I couldn't see his face as if they were covered with shadows.

It hit me then, the little girl looked so much like me. The long white hair the only thing that differed from us was that she had little bat wings peaking over her shoulders.

As I quickly climbed down the staircase the lined the steep cliff. When I reached the bottom the man covered in shadow was singing my daughter around her laughter like music to my ears.

He placed her down before she ran into my arms, I picked her up looking into her eyes.

Hazel.

Like a punch in the gut, I looked up at the man to meet hazel eyes I've become so familiar with over the week.

He was smiling at me with such happiness tears started forming in my eyes, I was happy. "Momma, what wrong," Her soft little hands came up to touch my cheeks, whipping away the tear that already fell.

"Nothing baby," I kissed her forehead and pushed her hair behind her pointed ear. I kept eye contact with the male before me, mates.

That is what this is, the man that I found was my mate.

But, would this be our future.

My vision began to blur, "No! No! I don't want to, let me stay with my baby!"

***

I woke to Mor shaking me with a worried face, her hand coming to my face as tears slid down the cheeks my daughter just held.