Chapter VII

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for who's opinion I have no respect

-Edward Gibson

After Mor came barging into my room Azriel awkwardly left, leaving me to deal with the intoxicated women. The next morning she woke me up with her violent curses about how she would never drink again.

My hopes got up thinking she forgot about her promise she made me and Azriel. "Tonight, I have the perfect outfit for you," she huffed while pulling the curtains over the windows to darken the room.

~

That afternoon, I looked down at the dress Mor drought in.

It was a white lace dress, the first layer stopped writing above where my fingertips reached. The second layer was a silk pattern that flowed to my feet, "Mor, I think it may show a little bit more cleavage than wanted."

She denied it saying that I need to show off my body since all I wore in Winter Court was thick layers of jackets.

"Got it!" Mor yelled with a laugh.

She walked out of her large closet with a pair of tan strap high heels, "I will fall," I protested seeing the 3-inch heels.

Mor was wearing her normal red-colored dress that hugged her body but this one was much shorter and had a slit that traveled up her thigh.

I protested for another hour before Mor dragged me out of the room, will dress and all. I stumbled a few times in the heals before finally figuring how to properly walk. We entered the living area where Rhys told me last night about the meeting at Winter Court.

Everyone was already there but also an extra person, she had short black hair and eyes that could see into my soul. Amren, I guessed based on everything Mor has told me. All of the men were dressed in nice dress suits and Feyre was wearing a long black dress that sparkled in the light and Nesta her sister was in a similar dress to Mors but in a different way.

Hazel's eyes caught mine, he was handsome, his hair nice fixed, and the suit that outlined his body.

I gave him a soft smile and I could have sworn that one appeared on his face.

"Where are we going," Nesta asked, sounding bored.

"Abeba," The name flowed from Mor's tongue and Amren snorted.

"As much as I would like to join someone has to run this place while you all get drunk off your minds,"

~

We entered a place with colored fae lights flashing, I felt a tug in my stomach and it brought a warm smile to my face. Everyone seemed to disappear, I found Azriel in a corner. "Is this what Mor does every night?" I took a sip of a fruit drink that I took from a waitress walking nerdy, the sweet taste hit my tongue. I scrunch my nose looking at the bright green liquid with a face.

"I guess, I never really come out with her," He swirled his dark drink. "You look nice," he complimented and my face heated for an unknown reason.

"Thank you, according to Mor I needed to wear something that doesn't cover up all of my womanly dits," I placed the drink on a tray of a running waitress and instead got a glass of wine.

I took a sip trying to clear out the lingering taste of pineapple. The silence from Azriel was driving me insane.

"Lesley, come drink with us!" a very drunk Mor shouted who was leaning on Feyre.

I looked back at Az giving him a small smile before weaving my way through the crowd.

I moved away from a blue-skinned girl, and that when I felt a small almost reassuring tug. It caught me off guard, I stumbled and caught myself on a purple-haired fae.

"What the-" she looked down at her stained dress.

"I'm so-" That was when her nailed fist connected to my jaw.

That was the start of a long night...