Chapter X

"Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end

"Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end."
-Robin Sharma

The next week was the same every day.
Az would pick me up every morning in the room, and spend the rest of the day with each other. From training, reading, and even going shopping with Mor.
One of my favorite things we did was when he flew me around the Rainbow.
The artist, some covered in paint and clay. Others sit outside shopping playing various instruments. He also told me that it was the high lady's favorite spot in the city.

I walked into the crowded kitchen that afternoon to see Mor and Cassian arguing. Nesta and Feyre were talking in the corner in a murmur. Rhys was the first to catch my eye, his purple ones seen to see through me.

He walked past me and offered in my head for me to join him. Feyre perked up, Rhys probably telling her what's happening.

We walked through the hall in a few minutes of silence, "You have shields." He started.

It was my turn to copy his movements, "trying to read my thoughts, high lord?"

He chuckled, "you are a very confusing woman Lesley."

"Casey, my battle group, we had multiple battles where there was suspicion of being a Demati the other legends we all needed to understand and use shielding to make sure we won," he nodded.

His face dropped slightly, "you and Az, what type of relationship is it?"

"Friends, I'm surprised he hasn't told you," I mused, even though we planned to keep everything about the bond. We are still trying to understand it ourselves so we kept it on the down-low. I was still expecting the Shamdowsinger to tell his high lord.

"Told me what?" He questioned, I let my shield down and showed him what happened that day when we figured everything out.

His eyes grew a small size and his elegant drow. "No clue what it is?" he asked another question.

"no, we are still working that out, " she gave a disbelieving look before a voice shouted through the large house.

"Lesley!" Mor's voice rang through the hallways. Rhys nodded, dismissing me.
I enter the kitchen to see Mor with a large smile on her face. Ariel was also with everyone, he gave me a look as if to ask where I was at, I could have asked him the same.

"We are going shopping!" Mor declared as I walked towards Az and the marble counter beside him.

"What are we shopping for," I asked leaning a little on Az's arm avoiding his sensitive wings.

"You Christmas dress for the ball, I already have one, you do not, "

I thought about it for a few seconds and then finally agreed to let the women take me shopping.

"I never asked," Mor pointed with a painted finger.

I snorted before the conversation ended when Rhysand entered with a paper in hand.

"It's for you," he handed me the envelope.

I looked down at the cursive writing on the front recognizing it instantly.

"It's from my sister, if you would excuse me," I left the kitchen and walked quickly back to my room.

I quickly rip open the envelope.

My Beloved Sister,
Me and Kallias miss you dearly, no matter what he says. Your border patrol plan is working smoothly, no reason to worry.
The large house seems so small without you, it soon will not be. My mate wanted me to wait to tell you in person but I can't wait any longer.
Right after you left on your search I found out I was pregnant. I was already fairly far along when I found out, morning sickness was the man clue. We are ecstatic, we will be parents, and you will be a wonderful Aunt.
Your niece or nephew will love you so much. Almost as much as I do.
Please come home soon Les,
Your sister, Viviane

A broken sob seemed to escape me.

Just like Az as if he was waiting for me. He was at my side in an instant holding me closely.

He rubbed soothing circles till my wet eyes dried.

I pulled the letter out showing him, his face seemed to drop. "I'll have to stay Az, but know I wanted to come back with you."

"I know, I wanted you to come back soon," he lay back onto the bed pulling me with him.

We were silent for a few minutes, my head on his chest counting his fast-beating heartbeat.

"We will figure this out," he promised still holding me right.

As if be might lose me.