Recovery- Part Three

"Mermista I hear you haven't left his side since he..." Catra says walking into the hospital room.

"Since he died." Mermista says

"For ten seconds...only ten seconds. We can save him." Catra says

Catra walks behind Mermista and sees her tear stained face, her eyes sunken and just so tired.

"You have to save him....please Catra." Mermista sobs

"Don't worry I'll make sure he lives. But first let's get some air okay?" Catra says lightly pulling her shoulder.

"I can't leave him! I need to be here when he wakes." Mermista says her voice cracked and exhausted.

"Okay then why don't we talk by the balcony? That way if he wakes you won't miss it." Catra says

"I guess that would be fine." Mermista says walking to the balcony

The two stand silently for a while taking in the ever changing frightzone. The once polluted and dark Frightzone now has trees and patches of grass, Courtesy of Perfuma.
The once jagged and metal buildings replaced with less jagged edges and more arcs and spheres. Although most buildings are painted white with any secondary colors. There are murals the people painted on festivals. Mixed in are Entraptas futuristic designs that she wanted.

"Its coming along nicely isn't it." Catra says smiling

"Uh yeah." Mermista says looking back at Seahawk

Catra pulls Mermista into a sudden embrace. Mermista shocked before giving in and hugging her back.

"Catra?" Mermista says quietly

"I'm sorry that Seahawk is like this but I'm really happy that you came back alive. I can't do this without all of you." Catra says letting go

"Your far to humble, but speaking about the war how are you?" Mermista says

"Me? I'm busy so much to do with so little time." Catra says rubbing her eyes.

"That's not what I meant. How are you feeling." Mermista says

"I'm doing great, we won the war, we have bountiful resources, we basically at a golden age for Etheria." Catra says closing her eyes feeling the wind flow through her hair.

"I see, I think i understand. I hope Adora comes back soon. So she can be here for you." Mermista says

Catra looks at Mermista with a weak smile.

"So I here you don't sleep anymore. And when you do you wake up screaming for something to stop watching you." Catra says

"Nothing gets past you huh...fine I'll tell you. During the war something reached into my mind. At the time I saw Seahawk die. At least that was what I thought. I felt the rage of the ocean beating inside of me. The voice echoed in my mind to destroy everything to drown the entire world in blood. When I think about I was so much stronger than I ever felt before. I drowned all of the Argoians and was about to turn my wrath towards my allies when Seahawk was able to snap me back to my senses. But right after I came back to my senses, the voice echoed once more beckoning to find it. It said it was waiting deep below." Mermista says

"Interesting I read the reports of giant tentacles destroying ships but I thought that was you. When Seahawk wakes and he will wake we shall dive below to meet this creature together." Catra says placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Really? I thought you hated water?" Mermista questions

"I do but what kind of friend would I be if I didn't help you in your time of need." Catra says

"Thank you." Mermista says

"Why don't you try to sleep?" Catra says softly

"I think I'll stay up a little longer." She says nervously

"Dont worry I'll be here with you." Catra says leading her to bed by Seahawk.

She reluctantly agrees and sleeps almost immediately. Within minutes she begins to toss and turn. Letting out whimpers, Catra lays down next to her and grabs her hand. She concentrates using her power to create a psychic link between them. Catra suddenly finds herself in the ocean. It was dark all around her with the exception of a yellow glow. Turning around she see's Mermista entangled in tentacle squeezing her with a enormous eye staring at her.
Catra concentrates and launches a energy blast towards the eye. It recoils in pains and let's go of Mermista. Catra swims to Mermista and positions herself in a defensive pose.

"So your the monster plaguing her dreams." Catra says with a snarl.

"HoW ArE YoU HeRe." It growls

"I thought you were reaching out to her in her dreams but your actually forcing her into the Pearl's level of conciousness. I can feel it.. your trapping it within you!?" Catra says shocked.

"Hmm...YoU...KnOwLeDgEaBlE.." it says calming down.

"Here's the deal, we'll go to you in time so leave her in peace until then got it." Catra growls

"SuCh...ARrOgAnCe...WHY SHOULDN'T I JUST CONSUME YOU BOTH HERE AND NOW!" it roars outs

"just try it! I can see that your ancient but don't be so arrogant as to think that I won't bomb this entire sea just to destroy you! So be a good little monster and be silent until you are called for." Catra shouts

The area around them begins to shake and many more smaller eyes begin to appear by the larger eye. Then another enormous eye appears along side with more tentacles racing towards them. Catra eyes glow red and blackened thunder clouds begin forming around her. The tentacles recoil as red lighting strikes them as they draw near. The clouds around Catra grow to match the creature and forms eyes and a mouth. Both having a red glow exude from them. The lighting crackling along the cloud begin to light the area around them. It reveals a giant Kraken but humanoid in shape yet different like only its head had tentacles protruding from it with wings sprouting from it's back.
Catra concentrates and the thundercloud grows larger than the creature and forms a hand pinning the creature to the ground.

"You are nothing! You may have the power in the physical world but here in this space we have have runestone's are far superior! Disrupt her slumber again and i will destroy your conciousness! All that will remain of you will be a hollow shell of your former self." Catra says rage and bloodlust emitting from her.

No answer was given but instead the connection was broken. Leaving only Mermista and Catra. Catra disperses the clouds and the sea brightens to a clear ocean with schools of fish surrounding them. The light of the sun shining on them.

"You should be fine now Mermista." Catra says

"How did you?" Mermista says eyes wide.

"Hush now...sleep" Catra says tapping her forehead breaking her connection.

Catra wakes and notices she's bleeding from her nose.

"Damn I guess I strained myself too much."

She gets up and wipes her nose as she makes her way out of the room. Before she leaves she looks once more at the now peaceful face of Mermista and leaves.