Chapter 8

Three days later

"We have gathered here in memorial for all the 367 noble and brave etherians who gave their lives so that we can live. We dedicate this monument to fallen so that we may eternally remember this day. A day full of sorrow, a day full of remembering that the universe isn't inherently good. We were so blinded by our arrogance in the defeat of horde prime. That we never suspected there to be any other source of evil. This day! This Monument! Will forever mark the end of the old Etheria, and the birth of the Etherian Empire!  So let this day be a day not of mourning but of solidarity for we swear that  this will never happen again. " Catra says her voice filled with determination looking at the monument. 

The cheers fill the the once quiet air with thunderous  impact. All Shouting "WE SWEAR." This day would be remembered in the history books as the day The Etherian Empire was born. And the Monument with its large base colored white with gold engravings on all sides, with a Sword protruding from its top. The sword colored a dark metallic black lined with each of the princesses runestones, the hilt having the same Guard as she-ras sword. This monument would stand until the day their empire fell. 

------

The room was silent save for the sound of scribbles on paper. Catra sits there with a mountain of paper work stacked on her desk when solider bursts into her study.

"Forgive me commander but you are needed in the war room! A message from She-ra has arrived." The solider remarks

"What!?" Catra says smiling as she sprints past the solider running towards the war room.

"Entrapta! How close is she to etheria!" Catra says  her voice brimming with joy.

"You can ask her yourself, I'm connecting her now." Entrapta says

Suddenly the same orb that broadcast catras hologram before appeared and a image of Adora appeared.

"Hey Adora~~ your late that'll cost you." Catra says with a grin.

"Catra! Thank god we got through! We've been trying for days now. I'm sorry but theres not alot of time. I'm not coming back to etheria. I'm sorry! We've run into a planet that is still under renegade horde forces.
I..Catra I love you. Please understand that I can't leave them." Adora says with pleading eyes her voice tired and sad.

"Wh-I understand. I love you so much Adora. Do what you think is best." Catra says her face contorting but only for a second before becoming a smile.

"I'm sorry but I'll try to come home quickly! Dammit, sorry the rebels are going to have a meeting I have to be there. I love you goodbye." Adora says

"I lov-" catra begins to say before the hologram disappears.

"Catra are you alright?" Entrapta says reaching to place a hand on her shoulder.

But Catra quickly knocks her hand aside with a hiss.

"I'm fine! Just don't leave me alone." Catra yells running out of the room.

----

"Please understand Catra " adora says

What? What is she saying? I don't get it. She's leaving me again?

"Please understand Catra" adora says

Did I do something wrong?

"Please understand Catra" adora says

Shes leaving me again!?

"Please understand Catra" adora says

Why!? She promised!

"Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!" Catra screams as she starts to tear apart her room.

You only stayed for two years and you leave for who knows how long! Why? Why? Why?

"I've had enough." Catra says coldy.

Her room destroyed, papers, books, and curtains torn.

"Come on Catra, wake up did you really think you of all people would get a happy ending? You don't get act like this. I've wasted to much time acting this way. " catra says getting up and cleaning her room.

"Hahahaahahahaha what did I expect from her anyway. Its always been like this hasn't. No Catra stop it! You can't slip back into your old self. You don't have the time for it. Everyone...everyone is counting on you so don't mess it up like you always do!" Catra yells.

"DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I JUST CALM DOWN!?" She screams

"Let it out Catra." A familiar voice says

Turning around she sees a women in a red cloak.

"Shadow weaver!? Why are you here?" Catra says her eyes filled with surprise

"Catra, I thought you had put this behind you?" Shadow weaver says putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I...I just don't know what to do with these feelings!" Catra says falling to her knees.

"Now is a important time Catra, With the reforms your making there can be no sign of weakness. Take everything your feeling right now and bottle them up. Hide them in the deepest parts of your heart." Shadow weaver says fixing Catras messy hair.

"....your right, now is not the time for weakness." Catra says fixing her disheveled clothes.

"Of course I am but what you need right now is power. The creature you fought was almost to strong you. If it wasn't for your pet you'd be dead. Surely you know this." Shadow weaver mocks

"I know, but what can I do? I don't know magic nor do I regeneration like that monster." Catra laments

"Maybe you could learn a thing or two from that." Shadow weaver says as she points to a old book on the on the ground.

Catra pauses for a second before picking up the book and looking through it.

"These are your old notes..." Catra says

"Yes, I have always been diligent in my pursuit of power. My notes are very detailed, learn, grow and become stronger than I ever could." Shadow weaver says caressing Catras cheek before walking into a shadow and disappearing.

"For once you were helpful...mom." Catra says gently touching the book.