Ambush

Sun walks out of the bar and begins to follow a narrow alley way. Since she left she's been shapeshifting a double trouble.

"Something has been for following. Damn, i knew double trouble would drag me into their mess." Sun thinks to herself.

As she walks down the alley she notices the shadows move and twist. She ignores it continues down deeper into the slums of the crimson waste.

"So they weren't lying, eveyone is really gone." Sun says somberly

Sun looks at a wall that's been carved into a makeshift house. Poorly nailed in wooden planks to act as a door and window shutters.  Sun pulls the barley hanging door open gently. As she closes it behind her she notices small four legged table with rope and nails a seemingly attempt at repairs. Old and battered furniture, along with broken and poorly made toys scattered throughout. But most prominent features would be the six crosses with the names Clover, Djinn, Aqua, Iron, and echo.

"So they weren't lying. I was really hoping they would be." Sun says as she running her fingers across the crosses.

"Echo...Such an idotic child. You should have  accepted my offer and came with me." Sun says

"So are you just going to watch me all day? Or are we going to fight?" Sun says turning around.

The shadows swirl and twist forming into a humanoid. Shadow soldiers with spikes protruding from his shoulders walks out.

"Your. No. Longer. Needed." The shadow says broken and strained.

"Normally this would be a bad situation but unfortunately for you I just got back from seeing a certain lost princess." Sun says as her eyes glow a dull gray.

The shadow charges forward but as it does the shadows body begins to turn to stone.

"What even are you? Your completely petrified and yet I can still sense you alive." Sun says as a crack appears on the stone statue.

"I guess that's my que to leave." Sun says running away.

---

"Merry while I do love being around you shouldn't you be training or something?" Catra says

Merry places a stack of documents on Catra's desk, Catra groans but doesn't look away from the current document she's filling out.

"Fufu I am training right now! This week its shadow your mentor training! I can't wait to make all the other cadets jealous when they realize who my mentor is." Merry says puffing her chest out.

A small smile creeps forward before turning to a frown.

"I see, while you can shadow me just remember you don't want to be like me. You want to be better than me." Catra says

Catra stares into Merry's green eyes. Catra feels a torrent of emotions erupt and fill her chest.

"Better? How can I be better than you? Your the strongest person there is!" Merry shouts

"Lesson one. There is a difference between being strong with power and being actually strong. The Argoian war for example, tell me how many ways do you think I could have won? Then guess how many ways do think She-ra could have won. Alpha will share all battle information to your data pad. You have until me and Double trouble finish our talk." Catra says looking at the door open.

"And here I thought I was being sneaky." They say.

"What have you learned?" Catra says

"Nothing new really, there just really angry that you've blocked the gates." They say walking up to Catra.