(43) #CupOfTea

JIN's POV

She chewed on her lip for a minute, and I had to fight my fascination with the way it plumped around her teeth.

I was enjoying this view, my most favorite view.

She noticed that I was watching so she smiled up at me. Her smile was so radiant that for just a moment I felt my breath catch in my throat.

I was deeply engaged by her winning spell for not so long as my phone suddenly ruined everything. The King urgently called for me to report the recent taxes that I was handling in some cities. I didn't want to leave her but I had no choice but to comply.

I was taking all of my willpower to inform her that I needed to go. But it was like my body was on autopilot. I could only sense what I wanted and right that moment, I wrapped her between my arms with no hesitation.

She might have wanted to keep hidden our real score from everyone who was watching us but that wouldn't stop me from showing to our close friends how I wanted her to be always close to me if possible. There were a lot of things I wanted to do to Jisoo and we'd only touched the tip of the iceberg.

I headed first in the palace as Butler Bang drove me back home. Ms. Dara stayed for Jisoo to guard her for the rest of the day.

As soon as I arrived, the King and I discussed the arising issue. This needed to be resolved as soon as possible to avoid conflicts. Too much stress put on me as I didn't notice that the sun was already set. I was getting sleepy but I tried to finish the papers as soon as I could.

When I straightened back up and looked down at my watch, I was both relieved and anxious. Relieved that I was done so I could go and see her again but anxious at the thought that she was probably sleeping because it was late evening already.

I was leaving my office as I switched off the lights. I swung the door open just to see Jisoo unexpectedly standing in the hallway. When she saw me, she immediately approached my direction.

"How was it?" she worriedly asked as she had the idea that when the palace called, something urgent matter had come.

"It's all good now" my voice was low but I was happy that she was waiting for me.

"Get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning" her hand gently tapped my arm without breaking her gaze from mine. She tried to comfort me as she noticed my exhausted state.

From that simple gesture of her, she somehow managed to convey the warmth and affection I needed to feel.

"No" I shook my head. The word came out a little breathless.

"Is everything oka-"

"You have no idea how much" I didn't let her finish as I told her those words honestly. Looking into her eyes, I brushed a few strands of her gorgeous black hair away from her face.

"I don't want to sleep for now. All I just need is to look at you." I said, hoping that it didn't scare her off.

"Would you like some warm tea, then?" she smiled and placed her hands over her heart with much of her impression. A cup of tea was indeed her thing.

That smile and that nervous laughter. Everything about her pierced my heart. Looking down at her, watching her laugh, I've never wanted to kiss a girl so bad in my entire life.

"What?" she said nervously. She could obviously see the internal struggle behind my expression.

I ignored my better judgment and stepped forward. Her eyes remained locked on mine as I cupped her chin with my free hand. My bold move caused a small gasp to pass between her lips, but she made no move to pull away.

Her skin is soft beneath my fingertips. My eyes scrolled over her features, admiring her beautiful simplicity.

Jin, don't do it. It's way too soon for her, remember?

I attempted to mute the voice in my head, but it still took over which blocked my move. So I put my hand on her head and just patted her instead. I took a step back and reluctantly dropped my hand. I had to remind myself to breathe. Being this close to her was suffocating, but in the best way.

"Make me some" I said, diverting our conversation back to our tea night date.

Speaking of 'date', I'd never taken her out on a proper date. I needed to carefully plan this one for future purposes.

In the kitchen, she quickly walked over to the counter where the tea bags were and started to heat the pot. She grabbed two cups out of the cabinet and she waited for the water to boil.

While she was doing all the preparation, I just noticed the pure and natural Jisoo. She wasn't wearing the night gown which I believed the palace provided. Instead, she was wearing pink bunny pajamas. Her face was bare and her hair, I just loved how her hair was tonight.

She certainly noticed the stare I was giving her as she looked down at what she was wearing. She then ran her hands over her hair with a slight look of panic in her eyes. She was silently freaking out about the way she looked, so I ease her mind.

"You look great," I assured her as I smiled at her cute reaction.

"Bed hair looks best on you." she blushed at my words, as expected. She didn't look away though after hearing me.

We continue to stare at each other, neither of us speaking or walking away. There was a long silence, but it was not awkward. The way she was looking back at me this time seemed more confident. More at ease.

"If I couldn't touch you, just please allow me to say the words I want to say when I see you or think of you" that sentence slipped swiftly through my mouth as I realized I said it out loud.

She just grinned at me, then made a face like she was trying to stifle the grin. I wish she wouldn't do that. Her smile was making it harder for me to concentrate.

"Patience," I whispered, mustering up all the self-control I've got.

I was the one who broke the stare. Obviously, she was winning the eye-staring game tonight. It was a torture for me just to stare at the person I really wanted to hold.

I was saved by the pot-whistle as she began to pour the hot water to our cups. The aroma filled the surroundings as she handed my mug carefully.

"Drink this so you could have a good sleep later" she said.

I leaned across the bar and watched as she brought her cup of tea to her lips. She blew softly into the cup before pressing her lips to the brim and sipped, never taking her eyes off mine.

I've never wanted to be a cup so bad in my life, except for now.