(34) #Picture/s

JISOO's POV

I woke up in the library, my face planted in the middle of my study table, to the sound of my alarm ringing. After my conversation with Jinyoung, time had seemed stretched out. He was no longer here and just left a blanket at my back. I didn't know what time he left but I was thankful for him to comfort me. I looked at the untouched food that he gave to me last night as I was planning to bring it back to the kitchen. I had wandered in and out of the library in a daze, gathering some courage to face Ms. Dara.

Leaning over, I pushed the curtains aside and peered out the window. It was a crisp, blue day, so bright it made me wince. As soon as I took enough some audacity in me, I went to Ms. Dara's room.

I stood in the doorway of her room while she sifted through the papers on her desk. She still haven't see me until she found the one she was looking for.

"Oh. Good morning Princess Jisoo" she bowed at me just before she put on her coat.

"About what happened yesterday, I just want to say sorr-" I started to say, but she waved her hand to quiet me.

"Oh Princess, that shouldn't bother you. Come here" her face softening while she studied me.

I walked towards her, my eyes were getting blurry. But just before the drops fell, she stopped it immediately.

"Don't" she said as she was trying to take my threatening tears away.

"Where were you?" she persisted, giving me a glass of water.

"I'm at the library. I'm really sorry unnie" I apologized once again.

"Don't be. I know you aren't in yourself these past few days. That's why I understand why did you do that."

"Unnie" I just muttered.

"But next time, give me heads up, okay?" she reminded me as she gave me a warm embrace.

"That won't happen again. I promise" I searched for her pinky finger.

"Such a baby. My precious little girl. Anyway,  there are things I need to attend now. Just call me if you ever need something, okay? I'll be heading out first." we left her room, Ms. Dara was going to her agenda and I was going back to my room.

When I was about to enter my room, I saw a maid coming out from Jin's room. She was holding a brown box as she was closing his room.

I don't know what was gotten into me but I approched her.

"Hi" I greeted.

"Omo. Good morning Princess. What can I do for you?" startled, she greeted me back.

"Oh nothing. I'm just wondering where will you take that?" I asked.

"This one? This is Prince Jin's trash, Princess. Every other morning, it is an order for me to check Prince Jin's bin" the maid explained.

"May I?" I knew that sounded crazy but I happened to ask if can get his trash.

"Are you sure Princess?" of course she never expected the question from me.

"Yes" and just like that the maid gave me the box just before she continued to do her other chores.

Intrigued, I brought the box with me in my room. These were papers as I guessed while holding the box. I put it on my table as I began to open it.