(49) #HowItHappened

♕♛

JIN's POV

My marriage proposal to her went well, and I owe it to the people who assisted me. Yes, I wanted a divorce because I needed to do the right thing. If Jisoo remembers the arranged marriage, I should change everything to make her forget about it. I wanted her to be happy all of the time. This was the perfect time for Jisoo to let go of our tumultuous past because this is the real me right now. Nothing would be able to pull me away from her, for I wanted to cherish her for the rest of my life.

Jisoo bid first since she was feeling unwell just before everyone departed the palace. Her family and friends appeared concerned, but I assured them that there was nothing to worry about. After speaking with them, I walked slowly up the stairs to Jisoo's room, where she was resting.

I could hear her on the phone as I got closer to her door. I paused, not wanting to seem intrusive.

"Mom, don't worry about me. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you because I didn't know" she said as I heard her apologizing to her mother.

I was unable to hear her mother's remark. I just stood by her door, leaning against the wall, waiting for them to finish. I could hear her moving away from the bed and toward the door as her voice faded. I waited where I was, unafraid of having overheard their talk.

"Oh." She looked at me with big eyes when she stepped into the hallway.

"I didn't realize anyone else was up here."

"I came to see to check you up."  I placed my hands in my pockets.

"I was just talking to my mom" She returned her gaze to her composed body and discreetly closed the door.

"Are you alright?" I moved in closer to her.

"Never been better" She leaned against the wall and looked up at me.  Then, she took a deep breath and let it out.

"But I'm confused and at the same time, nervous" she added.

When she told me that, I knew what she was talking about and I was more than ready to disclose this conversation to her.

"Let's take a walk?" I offered and she just nodded. Taking her hand in mine, I led her downstairs and through the back door.

We took a stroll outside the palace and settled by the fountain. She didn't sit down; instead, she climbed to the side of the fountain.

"Be careful" Before releasing her hand, I whispered something as I guided her. She was simply pacing back and forth, her gaze fixed on the sky.

"It was when we're in the lake, right?" her voice was soft.

"Yes." I smiled, thinking that she knew that something really happened that night.

"I didn't stop you." Pausing her pace, she bit her lip.

"Do you regret it?" Nervous, I needed to hear her answer.

"Oh no, please don't misunderstand. I don't regret it. It's just that I don't just kiss people." She turned to me.

"That sounded wrong. I mean I don't go around kissing or making out with people all the time." she tried to explain, her looks diffident.

"Well, for having no experience, you're pretty damn good at it." Rose crept up her cheeks, and I felt a glimmer of satisfaction that I had placed it there.

"Do you regret it?" She questioned me, her eyes flitted to mine, then to my lips.

"Do I?" I locked my gaze on her for a moment, admiring the way her eyes lit up at me, her chin tilted, and her hair cascaded around her shoulders.

"Hell no, especially now that my baby is already growing inside you." I stretched out and caressed her belly with my hands, unable to resist.

"Thank you for making me feel me of what I'm missing out. I love you, Jin. So much" She enunciated while she held my hands.

"Maybe we can try it again sometime?" It took all of my effort to refrain myself from trying it again right then, yet the words came out quickly.

"When things calm down," I added since I knew the next nine months would be difficult for her, but she wouldn't be alone on this journey. I'll be here.

"Maybe." She replied, her voice a little breathless as she uttered the word.

I knew she was shy,  and I couldn't stop thinking about how I was helping her break out of her shell. It was as though my body was operating on autopilot. I could only sense what I desired at the time, and that was her.

I placed her on the ground while holding her hips.  As her breath fanned out across my face, I drew her closer to me.  She stood on her tiptoes as I wrapped her hands around my neck.

"But you know what Jisoo, we didn't make out that time..." I paused then whispered,

"We made love" When I told her that, her pupils dilated and she took a slow, deep breath.

With one thumb I traced the dip under her pinkish bottom lip. Her hand reached up to trace my jaw and she took a step closer to me.

"I love you Kim Jisoo," I confessed. Dipping my head, I grazed her lips with mine knowing I was lost forever to her.

A wedding and a baby with her? It was more perfect than anything I could have imagined.

(A/N: Thank you so much for waiting.
So much love ❤️)