Chapter 18

Somewhere in the Philippines...
12:00 April 30th, 2023

I lightly pushed a piece of driftwood out of my way as I walked through the river quietly. I was in the jungle, trying to find a target of mine, and the army's... A DAHL warlord by the name of Adé Wales. Little fucker's been eluding the Filipino Army Scout Rangers forever. By the way, the FASRs are the BEST tracking team in the world, their sense of tracking people comes naturally, more so than native-Americans. Well now, I'm going to put a stop to it. He's not going to escape this... By 'this', I mean me. I kept trudging through the swamp-river until I saw a man holding a rifle on a bridge. I activated my camo, and threw my quad drone up. The quad drone then flipped open and turned into a quad-copter. I used my remote to move it up and down and around. I moved it near the soldier, and looked around with the camera. The camera picked up multiple heat signatures. It outlined the figures for my cross-com. I then noticed that there were four civilians, surrounded by at least ten men with guns, possibly mercs. I moved the copter closer, keeping a safe altitude. It's audio began to pick up chatter. "Do any of you know how big of a deal this is? Do any of you know what you could've been with DAHL? You could've made this simple-" that was enough for me to hear. I put my remote up, but kept the drone up so that I could keep the outline of the figures on my cross-com. "Alright... Time to get nasty." I thought to myself as I pulled up my ARX. I had switched out the grenade launcher for a titanium hook for this 'mission.' So that I could reach people far away and drag em'... Or stab them with it up close. I aimed it at the soldier on the bridge, and fired it. The hook was quiet enough as it fired, it hit the soldier in the back and kinda pushed him forward. "Just like mortal combat... Loved that game.." I whispered to myself as I pulled back on the ARX. The hook was already contracting back to the gun, but I wanted to add effect. The soldier went flying back, dropping his gun as he did. He sorta tumbled over the rope-railing as he flew back. Once he got to me, I grabbed his mouth, pulled my kabar out and slit his throat. I then put my kabar up and kicked him away. The hook easily un-wedged itself from his back. I then walked towards the bridge. I noticed there was a slope not too far from the bridge that I could climb over to get to the group. I walked up it, and made my way to the open area. Once I did, I activated my camo and hid behind a few logs. The soldier who seemed to be in charge kept talking until a man with an uniform and a beret walked up to him. I looked over the logs and pulled up my ARX to aim. The man with the beret began talking, "What are you doing? Haven't you heard? They gave the 'Blackout' order. We're supposed to be laying low." The soldier he was talking to looked around, and back at him. "Well... I-" I trailed off from listening to them, and contacted an intel-brig far off the coast of the island I was on. "IB-Falco, this is predator... How copy?" I whispered into my mic. "We copy good, whatchya need?" Is what I heard as a response, "I need you to run a facial check for me, think ya can do that?" I made sure to keep a very low volume of voice, so that I couldn't be heard. "Yeah, sure. Log us into your video feed." The brig responded, "Alright, you're up." I said. I leaned back over the logs and looked at the man with the beret. "Scanning... Hold... Hold... Got it. Man's name is Adé Wales. That our guy?" The brig IO asked me as I leaned down, "Yeah, that's him. Tell the USS Hornet I want a king raptor on standby. Just in case this guy tries to run." "Roger, will do. Falco out." I then leaned back over, and noticed that the two men had started moving. "Keep an eye on them!" The soldier said as he walked with Adé. Shit... I couldn't kill all of these guys without at least one shooting at me and drawing attention... Ah fuck it, I'll just place a beacon for the FASR to come get em' and free the hostages. I can't waste my time... I placed a small beacon near the logs recalled my drone, and went around the open area with my camo activated. I then made it onto the trail the two men were on, and tailed them. They were talking about something, someone... I decided to listen as I kept my distance. The laser-mic on my cross-com picking up the conversation. "We've heard back from the head-honchos in Berlin... They say they have an idea of who and what's been killing off our fellow men. They say it's the US Army." Adé said to the soldier, "What?! Those guys? How could they have known? They couldn't have..." The soldier said in shock to what Adé said. "They say they don't know how they know. But they've ordered that we all lay low for awhile. Until 'boss-man' Kaiser Schimmel Roberts figures something out." The soldier stopped, and looked at Adé. "Is that his name?" He asked, "No. It's an alias I've heard. But it's close to his real name, he's supposed to be named after Germans... Anyway, no one knows his real name, except for two people. A Christian priest named 'Father Bryant' and a German politician named 'Juke Tailüré.' They work in secret, and keep their secret lives tucked under the sheets. Shall we proceed?" The two men then went on their ways... Until an iguana fell on me. As the iguana fell on me, it startled me, and I fell over. But when I did, I was kinda loud about it, and as I hit the ground my camo deactivated. "Shit." I whispered. The two men turned around, and yelled. "FEDEEERAAAAALS!!!!" They thought I was an Filipino Army Scout Ranger. I quickly jumped up, and pulled up my ARX. Adé ran as his soldier stood behind to hold me off. I quickly shot the soldier in the head and began to chase after Adé. As we came to an opening in the trail, more soldiers came around the corner and fend me off. I quickly pulled up my ARX, and shot them all to pieces. This slightly delayed me, and I got back to chasing Adé real quick. "Prepare the chopper!" I heard him say. I quickly contacted the IB-Falco. "IB-Falco this is Predator! In hot pursuit!! Tell the Hornet to have that raptor ready!!" I yelled into the mic, as I did, Adé jumped over a log that was coming up, I simply slid under it and kept running. "Roger Predator." The brig responded. "You'll never catch me fed!!!!" Adé yelled as he turned a corner on the trail. As he did, an ATV with a driver and a passenger holding an machete appeared out of the bushes ahead of me. I simply shot the passenger, sidestepped, and placed a C4 charge as it flew by. I then ran around the corner and detonated the charge. The ATV went flipping up into the air. "That'll teach ya." I said to myself as I returned to my pursuit of Adé. Once I caught up to him, he was in an opening. The opening had a helipad, the helipad had a helicopter that looked like a chinook and a blackhawk all at once. "Use the gun!!" Adé yelled. The helicopter's gunner then got onto the minigun, and started to aim at me. "Oh HELL NO." I said out loud. I pulled up my ARX, and shot the hook. The hook impaled the gunner, and slung him towards me. Once he was reeled in, I threw him off the hook. "Shit! Shit!" Adé said as he jumped onto the chopper. I aimed at shot at him, but as I did he was lucky enough to get into the chopper and shut the door. "Damn!" I said. "Predator... This is Viper 5.... I have the target in my sight." Is what I heard on my comms. The chopper was then struck by a salvo of missiles, and blew up mid-air. "Target down. Confirm?" The F-22A pilot asked. "Affirmative, you got him." I responded. "All right. Have a nice day sir." The pilot said. As he did, I turned around and made my way back to my RHIB on the coastline.