Chapter 16: "Dreams don't hurt..."

"Are you... Are you... Coming to the hanging tree.. Hm hm hm hm hm... Dimitri, are you... Coming to the tree?" She sang as she sat there by the massive oak tree. She was pretty, but she was also the only girl I truly loved... "Yes sweetheart, I'm coming." I laughed as I trudged up the hill to get the the oak tree. "Well come on then! I ain't got all day honey." She giggled as she said that. She then continued to sing, "Are you... Are you... Coming to the tree? Dimitri, are you, coming to the tree?" When I finally got there I stopped to admire her beauty. Her long natural dual colored brown and blonde hair rolled down her shoulders and back, her blue headband she always wore was off, and in her hand. She was 5'6, and was in my opinion, the most beautiful girl in the world. She understood me, and loved me for who I was solely. "Here, come sit by me honey, I feel kinda cold." She said as she brushed her hair and smiled at me. Gosh, her smile was beautiful... Shining white teeth... I walked to the tree and sat beside her, she instantly laid her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her, and brushed her hair. It was a beautiful sunny day, with the wind blowing at a relaxing temperature. A few leaves blew by us in the wind. "Phe?" She said, "Yes Ad?" I responded. "Are you really going to war?" She asked in a soft voice. "Uh... It's hard the say with the Berets. I mean, we've been here in Tennessee for awhile, but that doesn't mean I won't be deployed to Crimea to stop that PMC group." I responded to her. She looked up at me with her stunning green eyes, like she was a little puppy begging for something. "Well... I don't want you to go... I'll miss you... Plus, I'm afraid for you Dimitri... I don't want you to die... I wouldn't be able to live without you..." She said, she looked like she was about to sob. "Don't worry." I said, "I won't die if I get deployed, I'll fight through hell to make sure I get back to see you, because I'll do anything for your love, and that's a fact." I said as I kissed her head. She snuggled into my shoulder. "I want to marry you Dimitri." She said in a soft voice. "I want to marry you too, Addison. But not today, nor tomorrow, but in three years. So, with that said... Will you marry me, Addison. Sweetheart. Sweetie..." I held out a box with a ring in it to her. She gasped, and seemed speechless. "Yes! Yes! Yeess!!" She took the ring and put it on her finger. "Ooohh!! I love you so much Dimitri!!!" She then leaned in for a kiss, but everything went black.

***

I woke up, and nearly jumped up as I did so. I realized I just had a dream... One that I wish I could never have... I sighed, and looked around. I was in my house, waiting for a few days to pass. My 'vacation' was running out, but I could probably get a few extra days for the team. I looked to the left of my bed, and picked up a picture of me with a beautiful dual colored brown and blonde haired woman hugging me from behind. On the picture there was writing... "Love you forever... Are you coming to the tree my Slovak?" I sighed, and set it back down on the nightstand. I saw that it was 4am, and decided to go back to bed. I layed back down, pulled the blanket up, and fell asleep.