Chapter 23

Fort Bragg, NC
13:01 May 4th, 2023

I sat in the room, general Townes was at the front of it, with a projector. "We think we've found out the group's name as a collective. They're name is 'The Black Confederation.' We also think we've located the second in command of the group. He's located in rural Ukraine. Guys name is Jack Greenhorne. He is second in command of the BC. We think that the head honcho is in Germany, where we traced the signal. Anyway, Jack has a compound in the literal middle of nowhere. It's in a forest, and heavily guarded from what surveillance says. They have an mini-army in there. But we're not sending anyone Slovak, not even you. It's a suicide mission. I know, I know... You destroyed an entire army, but that was from a distance. This is CQC, you'll be shot up. That's why we're still developing a plan. So you can take off until we come up with it." He explained. I was baffled, and I was about to argue. "But sir-" I said, "Slovak, unless you can come up with a plan in the next twenty four hours. No." He cut me off. I sat back in my chair and thought. "Ok, give me a day." I said. I then got up, said good day, and walked out.

***

Slovak's house, NC
14:00 May 4th, 2023.

I was walking out to get the mail in my ACUs, I was carrying a purple bandana in my hand. I got it when my jet stopped in Morocco for refuel. I got it for Kier, I knew she was going to walk out and talk to me like she always does. As I opened the mail box I looked up and saw her, but I nearly dropped the bandana once I saw who was with her... "Hey Dimitri!" She said, with her arm wrapped around another guy's arm. The man was six foot four, much, much taller than me. He was lean, and his muscles showed it. He was a brute. "I wanted you to meet Tate Lilykol! He's sooooo cool. Tate, this is Dimitri." She said, happily as she introduced us. "Nice to meet you, Tate." I said, sticking my hand out, he rejected it. "Nice to meet you too, Dimotri, wait, or is it Dimitri?" He said, grinning. Kier laughed, hard. I pulled my hand back, and clenched my fist slowly. Trying to hide my rising anger towards this guy. He was being extremely rude to me, I could tell he was doing it on purpose because of his body language. "Anyway, this is my new boyfriend. I met him in a starbucks." She said, wrapping her arms around him. "Yep, that's right. She was hooked on me like I was on her from the start." Tate said, with that fucking annoying deep voice of his. Motherfucker, he can burn in hell. "She talked about you, says your from the South. I'm from the obviously superior North. Because ya' know, we won the Civil War and shit." He said, smiling. Kier was dying laughing. Me... I was pissed. "Well we have to go, I got busy work to do." Kier said, pulling Tate with her. "Hey, I got this for you Kier." I said, holding out the bandana. She stopped and turned, "Oh, no thanks. I'm fine." She said, turning around and walking away. I pulled my hand back, grabbed the mail, and walked back inside. I walked up the stairs to my room, and sat on my bed with my head hung, looking at the bandana in my hand.
All my life, there were only four people that purely loved and understood me. God, mom, dad, and Addison. All other people didn't. All my life, every girl that I've ever tried to show my love to said no, and walked away. You wanna know why? Because there was always a guy that was more popular, famous, had more money, and better looking than me. But they were never intelligent. Never, ever, ever, ever, more intelligent. I was always the smartest, but I couldn't equalize their other features. Only Addison understood me, and rejected all guys but me. She loved me... Until she was killed... She was shot to death right next to me... Years ago... She was still recognizable, but she was still dead... Killed... In front of me... I was shattered, I cried for days. At her funeral, I stayed after everyone left, holding her casket while I was kneeling. I vowed to find the person that killed her, drag him to her grave, and kill him in front of the grave. I did... I did... I brutally killed him once I dragged him to her grave. I then cleaned him if my fingerprints, and other evidence, I put him in a ditch. I technically murdered a person, but it was justified. I did it for Addison though... My Add...- I couldn't bear the thought anymore. I noticed I was holding her picture, with my mom and dad's picture as well. I curled up into a ball, hugging the pictures, and broke down.
It was the first breakdown in awhile... I haven't cried ever since my mom and dad passed away, along with my Addison Mills... I liked to call her "Addison Slovak." Since she was engaged to me... But I started crying because of all three of them, and because of the fact that Kier was probably my only chance at another relationship... Anyway... I cried for a few hours, and thought deeply then. It really helped to vent my emotions, as I had kept them in for a long while... But after awhile I sat up, and realized why I do what I do... I do it for all three of them... And for my country. I make people feel the wrath of me, and the three people I loved. So, after venting and thinking this, I did what my dad would've done, turn this sadness and anger at life into rage. Then use that rage to accomplish many feats as possible. I got up, and reviewed the intel that Townes had on the compound, then drew out a plan. After making a plan, I went to my "gun room" to load up my own weapons. Two model 1887s, 2019 editions, which supported an extended chamber for increased ammo capacity, more than one shotgun shell type, and a reflex or red dot sight. I preferred the night sights on them. I could easily wield both of them, since my arm and upper-body strength could handle the recoil.
I then grabbed my MP2 revolvers, and put them in the duffel where my guns I was taking were. Next, I grabbed a carbon-fiber knife that Israeli Mossad agents use. It was the one that curved, and allowed you to add a more 'bloody' effect to stabbing someone. I also grabbed my KABAR knife which I loved. I put all of those into the bag, and put it into my truck. I grabbed the plan I printed out, got in my truck, and drove back to Fort Bragg.

***

Fort Bragg, NC
17:25 May 4th, 2023

I busted into Townes's office. "What the hell? What is it Slovak?" He asked in the calmest manner he could muster. He was sitting behind his desk, in his char which he had spun around to look at me in. "I got a plan." I slammed it on his desk. He looked over it, "Slovak... This won-" I stopped him, "It will. Trust me on this Townes. Have I ever failed you?" I argued. He stammered, then finally got out, "No, you haven't... Whatever you need, we will supply you with. You got the green." He said, I then shook his hand, said "Thank you," and walked out.
I went to what we Ghosts call, "The Gear Room." Which is basically a room full of guns and ammo. Everything that we could need. I grabbed as much ammo as my tac-pack could carry, put my two 1887 shotguns into my back-holsters, put one revolver on my chest, my two knives on my chest, and my other revolver on my left hip. I then grabbed my ARX-A from a rack, and clipped it onto my pack. I was loaded up with everything I needed, and was ready to send hell to anything and everything that stood in my way....
"I'm coming for you Jack...." I said to myself.