Chapter 27: Worth the Wait

Your POV*

I climb off of Jackson and I look over at Abdel with both irritation and gratitude.

"I can go.." Abdel says lowly.
"No it's okay...you can stay." I smile at him and I can feel Jackson staring at me.

Jackson's POV*

I thought she would ask him to leave...I stare craving her attention ,but she doesn't back down. We sit around and eat. The awkward silence goes away as Abdel and Alex talk to each other. They look at each other and smile which makes me so happy. I know ever since that one girl broke his heart he had been really out of it. I feel y/n's stare and I look up but she looks away. Why is she acting this way... Did I push it too far ? I know we want to wait for marriage.

Your POV*

I see him look down and frown.

"Hey we're gonna leave." Alex laughs and smiles at Abdel.
"Yeah bro we will see you tomorrow." He says and waves at us.The door shuts and the silence is killing me. I make the first move and walk over to him.

"Jackson.. are you okay." I say grabbing his hand.
"Y/n did I push it too far I know we want to wait for marriage." He says looking at me trying to read my face expression.
"No Jackson...baby you didn't push it too far it's okay and I know we want to wait." I say smiling thinking about the engagement box.
"What are you smiling at." He laughs poking me.
"Oh nothing..." I laugh and look away. The nurse walks in and smiles. So it looks like it's time to get you home Jackson. We pack and walk outside to our car. We get in and the glove department is open.

"Did you see it?" He asks seriously.

"See what ?" I say confused and his mouth is a straight hard line.