Chapter 3: "I'm Jealous"

Who is he?

Your POV*

"Yeah sure," I smile and he nods.

"What's your name ?" He questions.

"Oh yeah it's y/n," I say indifferently looking down at my binder.

"Mines Jace." 

"Cool name," I breathe not making eye contact.

"Hey, can we do the project at your house?" He asks making me look up at him.

"Oh um I'll have to ask," I say even though I don't need to and he nods.

I want to tell Jackson about it first, I know he can be jealous about these things.

"Okay just let me know so we can start it soon. I don't like procrastinating." He says chuckling awkwardly at the end. 

 I can tell he wants to talk more but I stay silent my mind filled with a certain someone.

The class goes by slower than usual and I frown looking up at the clock every few minutes.

"Well someone looks like they need to be somewhere." He smirks looking down at our presentation.

"W- what. Oh yeah, I just need to see someone." I answer quickly.

"Boyfriend?" He says tilting his head trying to read my expression.

"No..no boyfriend," I say adding more slides.

"Uh-huh.." He says slowly and I don't bother to respond.

The class finally ends and I gather my things to put in my bag.

"See you around y/n do you need a ride?" He says genuinely.

"Bye... and thanks but I don't need one," I say politely nodding at him before I leave history.

I rush out the door and scan the hallways for Jackson.

"Hey, Y/n are you okay?" A girl I knew last year asks and I put on a smile.

"Yeah, Jenny. Thanks for asking." I say pushing through people. I see a glimpse of his shirt and someone's hand. My heart sinks as I try to get a better look.

Stella.

Of course, it's her. I see her hand on his chest and he smiles. I turn around before he can see me and I feel a lump in my throat.

"Hey history girl." I hear Jace's voice and I turn to him.

"Hey, Jace I was just looking for you," I say trying to get rid of the lump in my throat.

"You were?" He blushes slightly and I smile.

"Yeah- I mean of course you were. You couldn't stay away from my charming personality." He says in a tone of confidence and nervousness. 

"Yeah, that's exactly why,"I say in a sarcastic tone pushing him slightly and he chuckles.

"So...why'd you find me..well I found you-" He starts to ramble but I cut in.

"Don't worry Jace you're not in trouble. I was just saying if you wanted we can finish the project at my place." I state and his lips curl up into a grin.

"Yeah yeah of course."

"Good," I say walking with him outside.

Jackson's POV*

I walk out of the class and head towards my locker to put my books in when I hear Stella behind me.
" Hey um I-" she starts to say but her water spills all over my shirt. I am annoyed beyond annoyed but I don't want to be rude so I try to laugh it off and she tries to dry my shirt.

 I smile awkwardly because what am I supposed to do?

" Hey it's fine... I'll just get a new shirt don't worry about it," I say flatly and start to turn away.

"I'm so sorry," she calls out.

I don't answer and walk away to find Y/n but when I go down the hall further I see her laughing with a guy... a guy I never met. Her hand hits him on the shoulder and I clench my jaw annoyed.

Who is he? 

How is he making her laugh?

What does she think about him? 

School ended so I decide I'll surprise her. I get in my car and drive to her house and up the driveway. I walk into the house and her dad is sipping at what looks like coffee.

"Hey, Jack... Y/n isn't here." He half-smiles.

"Oh I know I need to get something from her room," I say and he furrows his brows a bit.

"Okay..." He says luckily shrugging it off and walking away. I run upstairs and go through her closet to find a hoodie.

Your POV*

"So this is my humble abode," I say in a sing-song voice opening the door to my house.

"Wow, it's so elegant." He comments and I shoot him a look.

"Shut up," I smirk and he laughs.

"Okay, I'm going to grab a few things upstairs." I say walking up my stairs.

I twist the doorknob and I open the door to see Jackson who is shirtless.

I freeze for a moment.

"Jackson?!" I scream covering my eyes and turning around.

A/N: Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)