Chapter 17: They tell a story

(TW: Abuse from parents)

Jackson's POV*

"I-....get out now!" y/n says sternly.

"w- what?" my voice filled with confusion. Her eyes shine with tears and she points to the door. I walk out and as soon as the door closes I hear muffled sobs. I just want to hold her and ask her what's wrong... but she needs space.

Your POV*

He saw my scars...my scars from my dad. 

Flashback:

bangs on door*

I jump...my muscles rigid. 

"y/n!" he screams, but I'm silent unable to speak or even move. He barges in and he has his belt. I already know what's coming so I numb up. My face expressionless as he walks up to me.

"You just don't get it do you ? Do I have to remind you every damn time to do your chores!" he says and I'm still.

"Answer me!"

"I needed to study-" I start to say but he turns me around to hit me on the back. I yelp and tears are forced out of me as I take the hits.Later on that morning I didn't go to school and Jackson wanted to check up on me, but I just told him I was really sick because I never wanted him to view my Dad like that.

Flashback ends*

Your POV*

I take off the dress and stare at myself in the mirror.

"My scars...tell a story." I try to take deep breaths

"They- they do not define me.."

"They are beautiful" I cry in my hands. 

"Baby...I'm worried about you." Jackson says behind the door. I put my shorts on and open the door .

"These are my scars from my dad." I say quietly and turn around. I hear him gasp as he touches my shoulder. I turn around and he opens his arms.

Jackson's POV*

I look at her and she is so strong. I open my arms because I'm not sure if she wants to hug me. She throws herself into my arms and I hug her tightly.

"I love you...and that means every single part of you."

"I love you..so much" she whispers against my chest. I walk with her onto the bed and she lays on her side. I go behind her and trace the scars with my finger. I see bumps rise up on her skin as she shivers. I kiss her shoulder and pull her closer.