Chapter 41: Rain

Your POV*

Butterflies.

I smile hard and look up at him.

"You mean these pretty y/e/c eyes ?" I say smirking and he beams.

"Yes the ones that drive me crazy." He says giving me a look and I roll my eyes. We gaze at each other for a moment and I feel peace. The worst hasn't happened and I couldn't be any happier. I wrap my arms around him and he falls back chuckling. 

"I love you." He whispers in my ear playing with a strand of my hair.I bury my head in his chest and trail my finger along his jawline.

" I love you too." I say softly and we just sit there in each others embrace . Then that's when I feel it...the guilt. I kissed Brandon and I need to tell him as soon as possible.

" I have a question." He says and I sit back in my seat. My hearts start to race and I fiddle with my keys.

"Yeah?" I say looking out the window. The rain that was once gentle starts to pour and he drives  to our house.

"Why did you run to him?" He questions and I bite my lip.

"He is one of my closest friends here in California and...he was just there for me in that moment."I say and he parks in the driveway.

"Well... I don't like you with him alone y/n." He says tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"I-"

" I trust you y/n...I don't trust him. The way he looks at you, he wants you and you can't tell me other wise." He says and I take a deep breath.

"Jackson I need to tell you something..."

"Okay what is it." He says nervously and I look at him.

"I...I kissed Brandon." I exhale and his expression turns into a scowl.

"Jackson I am so sorr-" I start to say but he cuts me off.

" And then you say you say you love me?!" His voice laced with pain. He walks out not caring that it's pouring. As soon as he gets out the rain soaks his clothes.

"Jackson please let me just explain!" I yell desperately walking out to chase him. 

"No y/n just go with Brandon! " He snaps and continues to walk away from me.

"I don't want him!" I say and he stops in his tracks.

"Then who do you want? " He growls and I stand behind him.

" You. Only you Jack-" I yell and he turns back to pull me in a kiss. I hold onto his shirt and pull him closer. His hand rests under my jaw and the other wrapped around my waist. He pulls away and rest his forehead on mine.

"If you really wanted me you wouldn't have kissed him." He says letting go of me.