Finding Marlin: Chapter One

The next morning, Marlin, Sebrina and Dory were on their way to drop Nemo off at school.
"So what's this field trip for again?" Dory asked.
"We're gonna learn about coral reefs today." Nemo smiled.
Two seahorses passed by them and Sheldon swam up next to Nemo.
"Hey, Nemo! See you at the other Coral Reef!" He told him and swam ahead up to his parents.
"*Gasp* Another coral reef? Ooh! I love coral reefs." Dory smiled as Sebrina laughed.
She looked at Marlin and her smile faded. He was looking at the seahorse family ahead of them. Sebrina looked at them and the mother put her head on Sheldon as they all laughed, happily.
"Marlin? You sure your okay?" Sebrina asked him.
"I'm fine. I'm just...admiring families that's all." Marlin smiled sheepishly at them.
"Today, We're going to explore another coral reef. I'm pretty sure Mr. Ray said we can bring parents if we want to." Nemo explained as he looked at his father.
"Well, I can go if you want me to." Marlin sighed. Nemo looked at Sebrina.
"What about you? Would you like to go?" Nemo asked.
"Technically, I'm not qualified as a parent so I don't think I can go." Sebrina explained.
"Okay, well once you guys leave, I'm just gonna go hang out with Hank." Dory explained.
"SURE NEMO. I'LL GO." Sebrina quickly changed her mind and smiled sheepishly. Sebrina and Hank weren't exactly speaking to each other right now so Sebrina decided she'd rather go to the field trip.
Marlin and Nemo laughed as they all swam down to the Sandy Beach School.

Mr. Ray was already putting kids on his back.
"Well, I guess we're leaving quicker than I thought." Nemo said. He quickly swam down and joined the others.
"Well, hello Nemo! You're just in time!" Mr. Ray smiled.
"Yep! I've also brought my dad and Sebrina." Nemo explained.
Marlin looked around.
"Where'd Dory go?" Marlin asked. He looked back to see that Dory had already left to find Hank.
He sighed and joined the kids.
"Well, that's good cause I'm gonna need substitutes for this trip." Mr. Ray smiled.
"Substitutes?!" Both Marlin and Sebrina asked.
"Yep!" Mr. Ray answered.
"Hey, Nemo! I see you've brought your parents!" A green fish told Nemo.
"Parents?!?" Marlin and Sebrina asked even more confused.
"Yeah! Aren't you two a thing yet?" A blue fish asked.

...

"*PFFF!* AHAHAHAHA!" Both Sebrina and Marlin started laughing.
"No little guys. Not even close. Hehe." Sebrina tried to stop laughing.
"Awwww man." The kids pouted.
"Alright everyone! Heeeeeeere we goooooo!" Mr. Ray shouted as he lifted off.

As Mr. Ray once again sang a song about coral reefs, Nemo was showing Marlin and Sebrina the great views and places as they passed by them.
The kids behind them just watched the three clownfish with grumpy faces, wishing the two were together already.
They swam out of their coral reef and into a clearing.
Marlin looked back at their coral reef before taking a deep breath.

A few minutes later, Mr. Ray finally landed at the other Coral Reef and dropped everyone off.
"Alright, everyone. We're here! Now get in your groups and explore around. Remember what I said before." Mr.Ray explained to them.
"Don't talk to strangers." Everyone answered.
"That's good!" Mr. Ray nodded.
"My group! Follow me!" Mr. Ray got his group together and they followed him.
Marlin gathered his group along with Nemo.
"Alright uh... let's go I guess." Marlin told his group.
"See you guys later!" Sebrina waved and swam away with her group. Marlin watched as Sebrina went with her group before going to his.
"Okay uh...just...explore around and let me know if you find anything! Don't talk to strangers and don't forget to-..." Marlin looked around to see that his group had left him.
"*Groan* Alright, I'm coming." He followed them.

As they all explored around, Nemo talked to his dad.
"Wow, things sure are different here." Nemo muttered.
"There's always something different about different places, Nemo. You never know. You could just swim up to something that looks broken but it really isn't to the fish here." Marlin explained.
"Hey uh, Nemo's dad?" Someone asked.
"Yes?" Marlin asked.
"I think I found something." The blue fish told him.
They followed her until she stopped at some chains, wrapped around some coral.
"What's that?" The blue fish asked.
"These must've fallen off a boat or something." Marlin muttered.
"What's a boat?" She asked.
"Oh, just something I've had to deal with twice. Nothing important." Marlin answered.
Nemo noticed something down beside a hill and swam to it.
"I'm just hoping it doesn't come around a third time-..." Marlin noticed Nemo was gone and looked around frantically.
"Nemo? Nemo?! Where are you?! He called out.
"I'm down here!" Nemo answered.
"Oh Nemo!" Marlin swam down to him.
"Oh, thank goodness you're alright." Marlin hugged his son.
"Dad, I've been gone for two seconds." Nemo explained.
"What'd you find?" Marlin asked.
"I found these lying on the seabed." He answered holding up some broken coral pieces.
Marlin looked down and noticed the line of broken coral pieces leading up to a giant broken coral.
"What happened here?" Marlin asked himself.

"HI GUYS!" Someone shouted which cause Marlin to scream. It was Dory.
"Dory?! How'd you get here?!" Marlin asked.
"I couldn't find Hank so I decided to follow you guys here. This place is not to shabby." Dory admired the place.
"But-...when-...how-...*groan*" Marlin stuttered.
"What's that?" Dory asked.
"Some broken coral pieces." Marlin answered.
Just then, the children from Sebrina's group came up to Marlin.
"Hi again!" A student shouted.
"Where's Sebrina?" Marlin asked them.
"She's back there." Another student pointed back at Sebrina, who was not far behind but looked confused.
"Sebrina? You okay?" Nemo asked.
"Oh! Uh, yeah. I'm fine." Sebrina swam up to them.
"It's just-...I'm feeling some weird deja vu here and it's driving me crazy." Sebrina explained.
"I'm getting the same feeling-...." Marlin stopped as he saw something not far away from him. It shocked him to see it again. He suddenly remembered everything.
A pink anemone sat on a hill beside the drop off and down below it were more broken coral pieces.
"Woah." Sebrina looked in awe as Marlin quickly swam up to the anemone.
"This is it..." He muttered.
"What's it? Who's it? We playing tag again?" Dory asked as the others followed him.
"This was were Coral was attacked." He paused again as he looked down at the broken coral pieces. He picked a piece up.
"Or...last seen anyway." Marlin muttered.
"Guys?" Someone called out.
The four turned back.
"You coming?" Mr. Ray asked as all the kids were boarded on his back.
"Coming!" Nemo called as he and Dory raced each other to him.
Sebrina followed them. Marlin stopped, look back at his old home one last time and than swam back to Mr.Ray.

(Ooooooh. Looks like Marlin found his old home.)