Chapter Three

Mr. Ray swam around as everyone on him was singing a song about migration.
When he swam down, Dory didn't follow and looked around.
"Uh...🎶Where did everyone go? I'm by myself🎶" She then noticed Mr. Ray and the others land on a small hill.
"🎶Oh, there they are!🎶" Dory sang as the others got off of Mr. Ray. The kids swam around but Mr. Ray stopped them.
"Oh, stay away from the edge!" He told them.
Dory told them to go the other way but went to far as Sebrina and Mr. Ray told them.
"That's to far, come over here, back this way." They stood in front of Mr. Ray, Dory and Sebrina.
"All right, I need everyone to listen." Mr. Ray told them.
"Alright, listen up!" Dory shouted to them.
"When the Ray's pass through here..." Mr. Ray explained as Dory continued shouting.
"The Ray's. They're gonna pass through!" She said.
"What do we have to be careful of?" Mr. Ray asked cautiously.
"Everyone has to be careful of what, hm?" Dory asked them as well.
"THE UNDERTOW!" The kids answered.
The three agreed.
"Yes, the undertow." Sebrina said.
"Thaaat's right, the under-...the undertow..." Dory whispered to herself in shock. She turned over to the blowing, green grass and thought for a moment while the others talked.
"The current in the undertow is VERY strong. If your not careful, you could get caught in it " Mr. Ray explained, not knowing that Dory was thinking and not listening.
"Mr. Ray? So, how do the stingrays know where to go?" Nemo asked.
"Why, that is called instincts, Nemo." Sebrina answered.
'It's a memory...but how do I know that?' Dory thought to herself.
Everyone's thoughts were interrupted when some barely audible singing could be heard. They all turned up to the sound.
"Aaaand I can hear mine NOW!" Mr. Ray shouted.
The giant group of stingrays swam on past everyone, shocking everyone by the view.
"🎶OOOOH! WE'RE GOING HOOME! WE KNOW WHO WE ARE AND WE SIGHT TO TRAVEL FAR. DAYS AND NIGHT'S WE'LL GO, TO MAKE OUR WAY BACK HOME! OOOOH WE'RE GOING HOOME!🎶" The stingrays sang as the school watched in awe.
Dory swam a little closer and looked back down to the grass.
"...we...see the undertow...and we say- AAAH!" Dory was suddenly pushed by the current and lost in the stingrays!
"DORY!" Nemo and Sebrina shouted.
Dory continued getting dragged and then saw a vision of two bluetangs yelling her name before going unconscious.

...

"Dory! Dory! Dory!" A familiar male voice shouted as Dory opened her eyes just a bit. Everyone was looking at her in worry...well...mostly everyone.
"*Gasp!* Is she dead?!" A student asked.
"No, she's not dead!" Sebrina told them as she swam closer to Dory.
The students weren't happy with that response.
"Give her some space everyone." Mr. Ray told them.
Dory continued mumbling.
Nemo and Sebrina took notice of some of the things she said.
"The jewel of Moro Bay, California?" Nemo asked as he swam down next to Sebrina.
Dory ssuddenly shot up, wide awake.
"I remember something! I actually remember something! Something important!" Dory shouted.
"Something IMPORTANT?! What?!" Marlin asked.
"What is it?" Sebrina asked as Dory slowly swam off.
"Uuuh...I'm not sure anymore..." She said, trying to remember it.
"... Alright. Thank you, Mr. Ray." Marlin thanked him as he, Nemo and Sebrina swam after Dory.

"Don't be such a Dory, Dory!" Dory told herself as the other three followed.
"...oh! Oh!" Dory turned around to them.
"What? Did you remember?" Nemo asked.
"Ugh. No. It was something. It was...oh! Oh! It something...uh the um..." Dory tapped her head.
"The jewel of Moro Bay, California?" Sebrina asked.
Dory gasped and had a quick flashback of her parents.
"*GASP!* MY FAMILY! I REMEMBER MY FAMILY!" She bolted and swam in-between corals until she ended up at the drop-off.
"Guys? Hello?...Where are you?! Hello?!" Dory asked worriedly.
Marlin shouted out and she caught sight of the three swimming towards her.
"Ah!... where did you go?" Dory asked.
"You were the one to go!" Sebrina answered.
"My parents! I remember them!" Dory told them.
"What? What'd you remember?" Nemo asked.
"I remember THEM! My mom, my dad!...I have a FAMILY!" Dory swished Sebrina around in excitement.
"*Gasp* They don't know where I am! Let's go!" Dory told them but before she could go far, Marlin and Sebrina stopped her and dragged her back on the land.
"This is CRAZY! Where exactly are you trying to go?" Marlin asked.
"To the...to the gym of the... Baltic?" Dory asked.
"The jewel of Moro Bay, California!" Nemo corrected her.
Dory swam out but Sebrina stopped her.
"No, California is all the way across the ocean!" She told her friend.
"Then we better get going!" Dory said but Marlin stopped her this time.
"How come EVERY TIME we're in the EDGE of this REEF, ONE of us is trying to leave?! For ONCE, can't we just enjoy the VIEW?!" Marlin asked.
"How could YOU be talking about the view when I remember my FAMILY?" Dory swam up again but Marlin stopped her yet again.
"No! No, we've done our ocean travels! That part of our lives is over and the only reason we traveled in the FIRST place is so we don't have to travel AGAIN!" Marlin told her as he pushed her back. Dory suddenly turned and Marlin fell on the sand.
He got up as Dory desperately wanted to go.
"Please...all I know...is that I MISS them." She said looking at the ocean view.
"I really, REALLY miss them. I didn't know what that felt like...do you know what that FEELS like?" She asked, sadly.
Marlin looked over at Nemo and he looked back as Marlin sighed.
"*Sigh*...yes. I know what that feels like." He answered as Sebrina nodded.
"I know what it feels like too." She said, remembering Summer.
"...I don't wonna forget this...somewhere... OUT THERE is MY FAMILY." Dory said looking at the ocean blue.
"Please guys, I can't find them on my own, I'll forget...PLEASE help me find my family." Dory begged Marlin and Sebrina.
"Yeah, Dad! You can get us across the ocean, right?" Nemo asked.
"...no." he answered. Dory and Nemo looked down in sadness.
Marlin and Sebrina looked at each other, regretting the idea they both have.
"...but we know a guy." They both answered, which caused Nemo and Dory to smile.

Word Count: 1101