Ch-13, Permission Granted

After the school ended, I got home and yelled, "momma, I'm home". She didn't reply so I threw my bag on the couch and made my way to the kitchen.

When I reached the kitchen counter, I saw her crying while dad had his head in his hands looking stressed. I walked over to them and sat on the chair worried.

"What is it? Why are you crying momma and daddy why do you look stressed?" I asked placing my hand on mom's shoulder.

Mom wiped her tears as dad looked up from his hand. "Sweety, your dad is facing crisis in his office. T-the company he worked for got b-bankrupt *hiccups*
a-and his boss is blaming it on your d-dad." Mom sobs then continue, "your dad tried to convince his boss that he didn't do anything but h-his boss w-won't list-ten. He has given three d-days to prove his innocence, but your dad don't know how to prove him." She ended and I was on the verge of crying.

Dad has always been the cheerful one. I can't bear to see him this torn, it hurts me to see my parents struggling.

"Don't worry baby, I'll find a way to prove my loyalty. I have something in mind so, I don't want my favourite ladies to cry like this." Dad tried to cheer us up by hiding his pain.

"What if you don't get help? You'll get arrested Michael, please do something" my mom sobbed as dad pulled her in a hug. 'So this was the reason he drank alcohol yesterday' I thought.

How will I tell them about the trip in such a condition. How can I be in peace and enjoy when my parents are struggling. I think I'll have to just remove the plan of trip from my head.

Dad hugged me and we three sat there hugging for a while. When dad pulled us apart, he assured that he will come up with a proof and wiped our tears.

I got to my room and had a quick shower. Mom had gotten better and was making us dinner. I went down to the kitchen to help mom. After few minutes, the dinner was ready. Mom set the dishes on the table while I went to call dad for dinner.

We were eating dinner when mom asked me, "Kia, you were going to tell us something yesterday, what was it?"

"Momma it doesn't matter now" I said looking at her and smiling. "Baby, tell us. What did you wanna say?" Dad asked me this time. I sighed, "well...our school decided a trip for us seniors to Yosemite. So I wanted ask for permission but it's fine, if I won't go."

"Why would you think we won't let you go? Go and have fun," dad said smiling. "But- dad interrupted me, "no buts, you don't worry about me. Your permission has been granted and I don't want you worrying about us." He said sternly and I nodded.

After dinner, I took my form and went to dad for his signature. He happily signed it telling me to enjoy to the fullest.

I was happy but worried too. I have never seen my parents in this much stress and it won't be fair if I enjoy myself while my momma and daddy is struggling.

Later at night, I messaged Carrie telling that I'm going to the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and got ready for school wearing a baby blue top and white jeans, applied some lip gloss and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning momma" I greeted her kissing her cheeks. "Good morning Kia" she greeted back and placed my breakfast i.e bacon, scrambled eggs and a glass of juice. "Where is dad?" I asked while eating. "He went to find out some help" she said and smiled sadly. "Momma don't worry, dad will find a way to fix it." I assured her. "I know sweety, I know," she said and sat beside me.

After eating I bid her a good bye and made my way to school.

"Good morning Kia!" a familiar voice greeted me. "Morning" I smiled. "So...what happened to your dad?" Aiden asked to which I replied, "he is blamed for being the reason of bankruptcy in his office" I told him. He nodded his head then further asked, "is he okay?" I nodded my head, "a little stressed".