Ch-29, The Date

Today, I woke up with a huge smile on my face. Now onwards we aren't friends but more than that. I can't wait to reach school and meet him. Aaaah!

I quickly freshen myself and wear a black spaghetti strap top, blue jeans, red and black flannel shirt and finish the look with black converse before going to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Good morning mommy, How are you?" I asked her as soon as I saw her sitting on the couch on my way to the kitchen.

"I'm good sweetie, just bored of sitting here, doing nothing." Mom replied, earning a giggle from me and dad, who was preparing breakfast for us.

"Oh mommy, it's for your good, isn't it dad?" I asked him, and he replied a yes from where he was standing. I raise one of my eyebrows and chuckle before seating myself on the dining table and having my tasty pancakes. Yum!

After having my breakfast, I bid my parents goodbye and made my way to the school. As soon as I entered the school premises, I was bombarded with questions from none other than my girlfriends- Carrie and Julie.

"When did he propose?"

"How did you feel?"

"Was it romantic?"

"Why didn't you tell us before?"

"Okay, will you both stop?" I asked them.

"Didn't I tell you the whole story on what happened? Then why are you asking about it?" I asked, exhaling deeply.

"You must have, but Carrie didn't elaborate. She just told me vaguely." Julie said pouting at the end and I sighed.

"I'll tell you again later. Okay?" I asked her, and she nodded her head before dragging me to my locker. I reached my locker to find the boys already chatting away with each other. Furthermore, I searched for particular brown orbs but failed, which dampened my mood a little. I so wanted to meet him as soon as I reach school, but he isn't here. Ugh!

"What's gotten you so sad?" I heard a familiar voice and I turned around to be met by the one occupying my mind himself. He was smirking as if he was here the whole time watching me. I blushed, realising he saw me searching for him, causing him to chuckle. Damn! Was I so obvious?

"Oh yes, you were" He grinned.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, you did," he said with the same smug look while I blushed. Our little moment was broken by the bell ringing. Aiden sighed before saying, "I so wanted to keep you blushing, but now we have to depart. Let's meet during lunch."

I slapped his chest playfully before nodding and going to my first class. Today, Mr. Paul gave us an essay on 'Young Love'. The moment I heard the topic, my mind drifted to a particular chocolate brown orbs, brown curly-haired boy and I blushed. Carrie who sat beside me nudged her elbow to my side causing me to jump a little.

"What?" I whisper yelled.

"What made your cheeks turn red?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows and I shook my head trying to hide my cheeks as I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks and mumbled a 'nothing'. She didn't believe me but didn't ask me further to which I was thankful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now our break and for a change, we were sitting on the bleachers at the corner of the basketball field having lunch. Aiden was sitting beside me; constantly trying to steal my fries, while Carrie, Blake, Jules, and Jake were talking about a party happening this week. Dan and Jeremy though were busy making out with their respective girlfriend.