Chapter-35, Content

Yesterday was amazing and I can't believe he did all that for me. I feel bad now, because I have done nothing major for him and both the dates he took me to had been amazing and romantic. I should do something for him too and I do want to but I don't know what to do that will exceed both his dates. I want to show him that I like him just as he does and maybe even more, but god knows I'm bad at planning things out for people; hell! I can't plan for myself either. I always get confused and mess things up.

~~~~~~~

It's 18th December now, and I'm getting ready to buy presents for Christmas with Carrie, Jules, Blake, Jake, and Aiden and to spend some time on the beach later. It might be a little early but I don't want to wait until the last day, so the guys said they'll accompany me and buy presents if they find it there. Dan and Jeremy are having fun in Los Angeles as singles. Yeah! You heard right; Single! It didn't work out with the twins for some reason, and have resumed their hunting for girls. Old habits never die; especially in their case. *sighs*

My phone ringing brings me out of my thoughts, I check the caller id and accept the call.

"Hey! Have you reached?" I ask Carrie as she is picking me up from home.

"No! Will reach in five minutes though, so take whatever you want and wait for me outside your house. No time to waste, others have reached." She tells me and I bid her bye and take my lip balm, phone and go down to wait for her.

True to her word, she arrives in five minutes and makes her way to the mall as soon as I get in the passenger seat. We both sing more like screaming to various songs coming through the radio until we reach there.

~~~~

Aiden slings his arm on my shoulder as we go around the mall looking for presents. We split apart as soon as we reached the mall. Aiden with me, Carrie with Blake and Jules with Jake.

"For whom are you gonna buy first?" Aiden asks and I instantly reply.

"Carrie; I know what to buy for her, she wanted a new handbag because her neighbour's dog chewed on it; leaving bite marks and tearing it in the process. Don't ask me how the dog reached her bag as I have no idea." I tell him and he nods his head.

"Come with me," I tell him before dragging him into a shop. It has every brand of handbag, but since I wasn't too rich; I look for something affordable, but stylish. Aiden is roaming around inspecting all the bags and putting some on shoulder and posing just for the fun of it to which I  laughed so hard that my stomach hurts.

"Okay Aiden, could you stop? I still have to find the perfect one for her and others too, so stop wasting my precious time and help me." I tell him sternly and he grumbles something incoherent before placing the bag where it belongs, while I turn back; searching for the right bag.

After looking at almost all the bags I couldn't choose one-- some are too expensive; some are not costly but the quality is bad; some are breath-taking but too costly. Aiden is getting frustrated by how I am not able to choose.

"Hey! What about this?" Aiden asks me as he holds a peach coloured handbag with chain handles. I beam at him so wide because we have been searching for a long time now.

"You are the best!" I exclaim as I hug him tight for saving me from this torture. He grins at me with a smug look.

"I know Dimple-gal,'' he says. He gave me the name Dimple-gal a few days ago. We were just lounging around one day telling jokes to each other and laughing, he suddenly poked on my cheeks saying he loves how deep my dimples show when I laugh and kept poking it, thus giving me the name. After buying the bag for her we visit other shops to buy presents for everyone except Aiden's as I want his present to be the best and want to top all the dates he's taken me to.

I bought a cute pendant which has a rectangular locket and a cute mug with Jules' name engraved on both the presents... well the mug has her photo printed with the name. A headset and a smartwatch for Jake, and for Blake-- Adidas sneakers and a Calvin Klein: Eternity for Men cologne. I want my gift to be the best ones because all of them have done a lot for me and this is the only way I can show gratitude. They accepted me when I first joined the school, and have been sticking to me since then.

We were supposed to meet everyone near the McDonalds, so without further delay, we both made our way to the same. Carrie and Blake were the only ones sitting in a corner booth, we made our way there and sat on the empty chair.

"Where are J2?" Aiden asks Blake. J2 was the name given by Aiden because both their names start with 'J'.

"They are still buying stuff. Apparently, Jules had a sudden liking for stuffed teddy bears and is trying to buy the maximum number of teddy bears she can buy. Jake is trying to calm her and bring her here." Carrie says and I let out a chuckle.

"I'm gonna order food for myself, I'm freaking hungry. You guys want something?" Aiden asked us and we gave him our order too. He grumbled when we started ordering and muttered something along the line- I wasn't expecting you all to say your orders, making us laugh. I blew him a kiss before he walked away with our order.

The ride to the beach is not too far from here. Jules and Jake came back  few minutes after our order was placed. We ate our food and are currently sitting in the car on our way to the beach.

As soon as the car comes to a stop, I got out of it and waited for Aiden as he parked his car. Then we walked together to our friends before putting a mat on the sand for me to sit.

"Hey! At least change into your beachwear." Jules tells me before yanking my hand and pulling me towards the public toilet. We three change into our bikinis and come out. Carrie is wearing a plain baby pink two piece bikini, Jules- a leaf patterned two piece bikini and I am wearing a plain red two piece bikini.

I walk out with Carrie and Jules and make my way to where I had been sitting, but before my butt touches the land I'm pulled towards someone's chest; that someone being Aiden. I hit his chest lightly.

"You scared me," I said once I stopped.

"Oh! Sorry to scare you baby, but I could not control myself," He replied grinning; holding me tight against his chest. I blushed at his response, and Carrie chose that moment to drag me away from my sweet Aidy. The day he gave me the nickname dimple-gal, I also gave him one. He doesn't like being called sweet Aidy though, cause he is nowhere sweet according to him and he thinks Aidy is a girl's name. My idiot. I laugh at my thoughts.

"Why are you laughing?" Carrie asked, looking confused as we stopped beside Jules.

"Nothing," I said as I shook my head, still smiling.

Jules mouthed 'weird' to Carrie pointing her head towards me as discreetly as possible but I understood. Carrie nodded her head in agreement while looking at my still smiling face, but this time it was because of their gesture. They both chuckled at me before both started pulling me into the waves. Jules and Carrie laughed as the salty water went into my open mouth while I grumbled spitting it out, and soon joined them in their laughter.

______________________________________________

Heya!!

Jake and Jules are called Jsquare. I just couldn't use subscript in Wattpad. Hope it clarifies how to say it verbally :)

I am not gonna give you any excuse for the late update this time so be angry at me all you want.

I hardly have any readers now, idk why I write author's note coz there is no one to read this, but I'm gonna hope one day there will be enough readers to bring me joy, and continue writing this. I know my story is not extraordinary and it is based on a very common plot, and many may not want to read it coz it may be the same as other high-school love stories, but it has its own significance coz I have used a lot of my mind thinking and writing even with fewer readers. I'm proud that I haven't lost hope and I'm determined to complete this.

Please support me if you really feel like this story has its own importance and is worth reading. I can't force anyone, I can only hope 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Love ya 💕💞