Chapter-40, Dad Finding the Truth

Aiden stayed with me with his arms wrapped around me until dad came back to my room.

"Kia darling, are you feeling better now?" Dad asked me as Aiden entangled himself from me and sat beside me still holding my hands.

"Dad, I'm okay now. I'm just worried about the post on social media." I told him honestly because there isn't anything to hide now. My heart may have calmed because the major problem; fear of losing Aiden, is solved but there is still one problem left to solve. Everyone in school must've seen the post now; especially my friends, and I don't know what to do to make all of this seem right. Tomorrow being Christmas, I want to be able to celebrate it with my loved ones with joy rather than being stressed. Yeah, you heard right, it's Christmas tomorrow, but with all the drama between me, Lily, and Jonah; it totally left me drained to even think past it.

"We'll do something about it. But kia, tell me one thing. What was Jonah doing here? Wasn't he and Lily your best buddies in Florida?" Dad asked with confusion written in their eyes.

"He came here four days ago I think, Lily is with him too. And about being best buddies, some things happened and I got to know they weren't true to me and just wanted me for a period of time. They were not my friends, they just pretended to be only because their true friends weren't with them at that time. They used me to get over their boredom and they weren't what they showed themselves to be." I told my dad and I could see the sadness in his eyes because both Lily and Jonah were like a family to us and mom and dad loved them just like they loved me.

"Why didn't we know that? You all were like three peas in a pond, always stuck together." Dad questioned. I told him everything that happened and explained why I didn't want them to know.

"I could've never thought that they'll end up being like this. And seeing how Jonah did what he did to you, it's hard to imagine because he always was the quiet and the shy one from you three." Dad said and I nodded.

"It could've been an act for all we know dad. Even I was shocked to find it was him who did this, even after the resentment we had towards each other, I never thought he'd go this far." I told him, trying to keep my tears at bay. Aiden held onto my hand, giving me comfort.

"Mhm... your mom's really sad about how she behaved with you so I'll go and be with her. You decide what you want to do with Jonah and tell me later, I won't let this go." Dad said with anger evident in his voice.

I took his hand in mine and squeezed it, he gave me a slight smile and ruffled my hair.

"I'll go see your mom. Once you are calm enough, go talk to her once okay? Aiden... Thank you for believing in my daughter. You are a good guy and I'm happy to know she has someone like you by her side to take care of her and strengthen her when needed." Dad smiled at Aiden and patted his back before going downstairs.

I felt bad for mom because it was not her fault in reacting that way after seeing the post, I mean for a second even dad looked disappointed in me and Aiden was hella mad at me. But I was unhappy to know they thought I'll do something like this willingly. It broke me when I thought there would be no one by my side, supporting me.

It's always hard to believe when something like this happens. Even in books and movies, the victim is mostly blamed and has to go through so much to prove his/her innocence. I understand all of this but every child hopes for their parents to trust and support them rather than questioning where they or the child went wrong. Even though my mom doesn't think I'm wrong now, she did when she saw the post. I thought my parents would at least let me explain before coming to conclusions. I know mom is regretting and cursing herself for scolding me, and I want to tell her that it's ok and not to worry. I want to tell her that I didn't take her scolding to heart, but I can't because it hurts like hell for me to know that it didn't take her a second to believe the post and blame me for it. Maybe even I would have been angry, disappointed to see my child's post like that being shown to me but I would at least wait to hear what my child has to say before believing any post or rumours. This is the only reason I'm mad at mom and not going down to comfort her. I'll have to sleep it off and start fresh tomorrow morning.

"Kia, have you had dinner yet?" Aiden asks me, breaking me from my thoughts. I shake my head. Now that he asked me, I'm famished.

"Let's order pizza, after eating you will sleep without overthinking about anything. You understand?" He tried to be stern but his lips twitched upwards making me smile too. I nodded my head and he went down to order or ask mom and dad if they wanted any.

I used that time to change into my sleepwear and put on a movie to distract myself. Aiden returned with pizza after fifteen minutes of me watching the movie.

"Watching the movie without me?" Aiden asked with a slight pout which I know he is doing to make me laugh, and he is succeeding too.

"I can always start it from the beginning if you want. It's only been fifteen minutes after all."

"Mhm...okay! Let's do that. Do you want anything else before we start eating?"

"Water?" I ask him and he raises his hand showing two cans of coke.

"Nothing else. Come here and sit now, I'm starving," I whined a little because I was getting impatient to devour the pizza. It's mouth watering aroma has been torturing me even before Aiden brought it to my room.

"Okay Dimpu, I'm coming," he says, chuckling. Must be on my whining..hmph!

He kissed me on my cheeks and ruffled my hair before settling down. Just like that we busy ourselves into the movie and pizza with occasional kisses here and there as we sit with our legs entangled under the blanket covering us.

____________________________________

Hii!

Hope you are satisfied with how the events turned out to be.

My initial plan was for Aiden to break up with Kia due to the misunderstanding, but then it's what usually happens in every book, movie. So I thought why not change it. Also because it would lead for the story to extend which I don't want as I have to start with a new story, and I can't do that unless I finish with this. I am ready with the story in my mind but I can't write two stories at the same time coz it will mess with my mind.

What so ever, tell me how you feel the story is going?

And be honest. I won't feel bad if you write something negative. I mean I will feel a little bad but it will also help me to improve the story, but again no foul language. Please know that the person writing the story(aka me) is also a human and I'm not perfect. As I've said in many author's note, there is a lot more improvement needed and I know that so be considerate when you write.( if you write)

Love :)🤍