Chapter-33, Ditched

"Kia, wake up!" Mom yells, after having enough of my drama.

"Mommy, but I don't want to" I whine. I seriously don't feel like getting up from my bed, it's a little chilly outside and during such times; blanket and bed are my best company.

"If you don't wake up now, I'll dump ice cold water on you," She threatens, but do I get up? Nah! I know she is just bluffing, she will have to dry the blankets if she wets it and I'm sure mom wouldn't do that.

"Okay! Here goes nothing," says my mom and opens the door to my room with a bucket filled with water by her side. I sit straight on my bed and yell, "I'm up! I'm up! I'm up!"

"Good" Saying this she goes back feeling accomplished. Damn it!

Why did I have to get up? She fooled me well, she was never gonna pour the water on me, she was just scaring me and it worked. I'm her daughter, so I should know all her tactics by now. Ugh!

I get up and make my way to the bathroom to have a nice warm shower. I wrap myself in a towel and search for today's outfit. After rummaging through the clothes, I finally chose a maroon sweatshirt and a black ripped jeans.

It's the last day of school before Christmas break starts so I am a little more enthusiastic than always. Picking up my bag, I went downstairs and placed the bag beside me before sitting in front of my food. Dad kissed my forehead, and left for his work while I had my breakfast.

"Bye mom!" I yelled before making my way to hell hole aka school.

Keeping my books in the locker, I searched for my friends.

"Searching for someone?" A shrill voice came from behind me, I turned around to be met with Brittany. I guess where her minions are.

"It doesn't concern you Brittany." I told her and she just smirked,

"Did they get tired of you so easily?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, even though I knew she was talking about Carrie, Jules and others.

"Your friends, duh!" She said with a smug smile.

"If what you said helps you sleep at night better, then who am I to change that?" I said with a shrug and left for my first class. I have it with Carrie, but she isn't here. I took out my phone and messaged her as the teacher hadn't come yet.

'Where are you? I haven't seen any of you today. Even Aiden isn't here. What's going on?'

I hit send and waited, and waited, and waited, and the bell rang. I quickly walked out of the class and went to my locker to swap books. I still had time so I again messaged Carrie.

'Hey! Now I'm worried. You aren't responding to my messages. Is there a problem, why is no one here?'

What are they all doing? Should I message Aiden too? What if he replies back? After thinking a lot, I took out my phone to message him,

'Hey!

'Where are you?'

'Are you okay?'

'There's no one here from our group today, and I am worried. Do you by any chance know where they all are?'

I got to my second class and waited for them to reply. It's lunch time now, and none of them have responded to my message, heck! They haven't even viewed it. Something is wrong, and I'll have to find it out but for now, I'm gonna calm my hunger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school ended in me trying to figure out why my friends and boyfriend weren't here, and nothing was going into my head. It was so tough to study when my mind was somewhere else. I somehow sat in every class without being noticed, and that's all that matters.

Now all I have to do is find my friends and kick their butt for ditching me for the whole day, which is may I tell you the worst thing to do. We never do that to friends, and no one should either. I thought of going to Carrie's house or Aiden's but I don't have the energy to do so. What I want to do is go home and lay in bed; take a long nap and forget about my friends. Yes! You heard right. I'm just gonna do that. We all know how much of a torture it is to be alone in school even if it is for one day, so don't judge me.

I did what I said and took a long nap after reaching home. I just washed my face to feel fresh when my phone rang. I was wiping my face with the towel so I didn't see the caller Id and picked the call.

"Hey beautiful" The caller said and I quickly removed the towel and checked the caller Id and guess who it was. Yes, you're right it's my dear boyfriend.

"Oh so you remember me huh?" I asked quite hurt and angry. He got silent for a second.

"Um...I don't understand," He said and laughed nervously.

"Really? Okay then, let me tell you. I haven't seen you for the whole day; haven't replied back to my messages, and didn't even call me once until now. Same with the others, so now tell me; do you understand?" I asked him.

"Uh...you see, I was busy the whole day h-helping my mom." He said and I scoffed.

"Don't give me that excuse. I know you are with the others or at least you ditched me for the same reason as others." I said, my voice cracking at the way he was giving excuses and hiding things from me.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait a little more before I tell you. Please don't be mad Kia, I swear I'll tell you when the time comes." He said softly, detecting the change in my voice and I nod before remembering that he can't see me.

"Okay, I believe you," I told him.

"Thank you sweetheart, you'll know soon. I like you,"

"I like you too, will I see you tomorrow or are you all planning on ditching me tomorrow as well?" I asked and he replied with a 'no, I'll see you tomorrow.'

I placed my phone on the bed and made my way to the kitchen to eat some food, and to forget the hurt that is somehow still within me.

___________________________________

Hello guys!

I know this chapter is kinda boring but I promise the next chapter will be slightly better than this. Hehe!

Have a nice day/night fellas. Love y'all😘💖