Ch 20

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. So Hermione's crimes have been finally revealed, and in case anyone didn't understand what Adam suggested her to do, he told her ask Kingsley to remove two crimes out of the report, as because of the new laws that had been made, they weren't categorised as crimes anymore. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter!

One year and three months later....

June 2007

Hermione Granger yawned as she opened the door of the house. Entering inside, she saw the lights were dim, meaning a two year old girl had gone to sleep and a wizard would either be in his study or in the library.

But that wasn't actually correct.

After dropping her bag on the couch, she removed her heels and walked barefooted into the kitchen, all the while trying to remove her bracelet from her wrist. 

The charms hanging from the chain had gotten stuck in the hook, again, and she just couldn't remove it, by the muggle way that is. She didn't like using magic for such mundane tasks.

"Did you have a long day at work?"

Hermione, who still hadn't taken her eyes off the bracelet, jumped upon hearing the voice. His voice.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.

He crossed his arms in front of him, and leaned against the counter. "I was playing Quidditch. Why?"

She rolled her eyes at him. "Quidditch? Really? You remembered we talked about not playing that stupid game outside the house, Draco, right? Not inside. And do you even remember what happened the last time you tried playing it here? You broke Narcissa's favourite vase which she had accidentally forgotten here when she had brought it to show me her collection, and I was supposed to return it to her the next day, plus I couldn't even repair it. You faced her wrath that day, and I don't think you will like to face mine today."

He too rolled his eyes and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Relax, Granger. I was just joking. I was just putting a warming charm on the leftover food. I knew you wouldn't have eaten anything at the Ministry, so I thought I would do you a favor."

"Aren't you a thoughtful person, huh?" She grinned at him. "But seriously, it's past midnight, Draco, you should have gone to sleep."

He sighed. "Haven't you ever learnt to just appreciate something and not overthink too much? Besides, I told you that I have to write some reports today, so I was bound to stay awake till late. Now go and freshen up while I set dinner."

Hermione shot him a grateful look, and after squeezing his hand, she did as he instructed. When she came back, he took her hand in his when he saw she was still struggling to remove the bracelet he had given her all those years back. 

"It is called magic, Granger, magic. Surely you know something about that." He used a spell to solve her probelm and smirked at her. 

A few minutes later, as she was eating dinner, Draco went to the library, and came back with a book in his hand.

"Potter sent me a letter today. Apparently McGonagall had decided to have a Ball at Hogwarts this year, a few days before the graduation ceremony. He asked me if we could help him to take care of a few things?"

"What is the Ball about? Anything new?" She asked as she finished her dinner and stood up from her chair to put the dishes in the sink.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Some sixth years found a book about the First Wizarding War, and there was a line, 'There were some secret saviours who helped the Order to win the War, but had to sacrifice themselves in order to not let Voldemort win,' which intrigued them. They asked McGonagall about it, and she decided to host a Ball in their honour, and let the world know the price they paid."