Ch 27

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. I know it was pretty long, but as I said, two scenes were a bit important. I have been waiting to write this chapter for so long, ever since I started this story, and you will know why soon. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

Next day.....

"Draco!" Hermione shouted. "Come down, Draco, it is time for breakfast." 

She sighed when he still didn't come downstairs. "I will kill him if he is still sleeping. Honestly, I know he is not a morning person, but sleeping till late? That too on a work day?"

"Where are you, Draco?" She yelled after a few minutes. "If you don't come down in two minutes, I will not give you the apple pies I have made-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Turning around she smirked when she saw Draco coming towards her with Athy in his arms. "Knew you would immediately come downstairs when I threatened about the apple pies. Anyways, sit down and I will-"

"I need to go." He cut her off as he sat Athy down on her chair. "There is an urgent meeting I have to attend today, so I don't have time for breakfast."

"What meeting?" She stared at him in confusion. "I wasn't notified of any meeting, and considering I am your partner-"

"Exactly." Draco interrupted her once again. "You are my partner, just my Auror partner. You aren't my boss or something so I don't have to tell about each and everything I do or plan to do."

"Why are you acting like this?" She furrowed her brows. "Just sit down and eat breakfast. You will only be late by a few minutes, and I am sure Robards and Kingsley will understand. Besides we both know that you aren't able to focus on your work if you don't eat breakfast."

"Oh so now you know everything about me, huh?" He raised his eyebrows at her. "Stop being a know it all, Granger. I don't have time for this." Looking towards his daughter, he bent down and kissed her forehead. "I will see you later, Athy."

"Bye bye Dad!" The little blond witch grinned at him, and kissed her father's cheek before resuming her breakfast. 

"I will see you at work, Granger." Draco told her without looking at her, and walked towards the floo after picking up his bag. 

"Okay I will bring the apple pies with me when I come to the Ministry. You can eat them after your meeting ends." Hermione said as she went to take out a container for the pies. 

"No need." He stopped her from going into the kitchen. "I will just eat something at the cafeteria. Don't trouble yourself."

"But-"

Draco shook his head and took the floo powder, yelled his destination and left before she could complete her sentence.

"-these apple pies are your favorites." Hermione finished and sighed as she looked towards the floo.

As she ate her breakfast, her mind wandered off to the thoughts about her best friend. He had been acting off ever since she had come back home after dinner yesterday night.

A part of her wondered if Draco was acting like this because he saw the Daily Prophet, in which a photo of her and Theo, of their 'date', was printed on the front page.

But then again, why would Draco be jealous if he saw that photo?

Yes, Theo was his best friend, but so was Hermione. So technically, he shouldn't have a problem if they date each other.

But since when had Draco been the one to follow the rules?

Or even think logically or technically?