Ch 17

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. I don't know how many of you still remember Hermione's crimes, well their mention anyway, but I think they will be revealed in the next chapter or the one after that. Along with that, there will be probably one more revelation, but it's not confirmed yet. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out!

One week later....

Lucius sighed as he heard the cupboard doors being slammed closed. Trust his wife to throw a tantrum at nine o'clock in the morning. 

Well, she had been in a sour mood all week. And he, for the life of him, couldn't figure out why. 

It's not like Narcissa had never been angry at him before, of course she had been, and Lucius had suffered the consequences of her wrath as well. But this time, it was different.

No, this time instead of ignoring him, she was making sure that he knew she was angry. But at the same time, she wouldn't listen to him when he would try to talk with her.

"Stubborn woman." Lucius muttered, thinking that his son Draco definitely got his stubbornness from Narcissa. 

And then of course- now wait a minute.

His son. Draco.

"Of course." He facepalmed himself. The reason of her being angry was in his mind all the time, and he just couldn't figure it out.

But he did it now, right? Ans surely that's all that matters, even if it took him a week.

He wasn't that, what did people say, ah yes, oblivious. If anything, he thought Draco was the oblivious one. Lucius, on the other hand, was just confused.

But surely his wife wouldn't get angry because of such a small reason. She should understand that he had to do that. 

And she knew perfectly well why he had to do that, at least that is what Lucius thought.

There has to be something else she was angry over. 

Too bad his wife was quite unpredictable.

He flinched when he heard her banging the table with the utensils. Now that was another matter. Lucius could swear he had never seen Narcissa entering the kitchen, let alone cooking food herself.

But that changed when she met Hermione Granger.

Draco's so called best friend.

Well, properly met her. Because as he clearly recalled, his wife hadn't been on friendly terms with the muggle born witch when she had met her before twice.

Once in Madam Malkin's shop before the start of his son's sixth year.

And the second, well, when the trio had been bought to the Malfoy Manor and his deranged sister in law had tortured the girl.

He would have never imagined that his own son would be friends with a muggle born, and be protective of her as well.

But that was nothing compared to what he had heard years ago. The way Draco talked about her then, one would think he was in love with her or something.

And when Draco had talked with him about something very important, according to Draco anyways, as Lucius considered it a waste of time, the older Malfoy could very well guess that his son wouldn't let anything ever happen to his best friend, ever.

No matter what.

As for what he had told Draco seven years ago, he never regretted saying that. Sure, his reasons might have been a little selfish, but that had no doubt saved Hermione's life, and that was all that mattered for Draco.