Ch 28

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. Thank you so much for 4k+ views. It means a lot. So they finally kissed. I have been waiting to write that chapter for so long, because of the mystery and the ending. Also, I know Draco blaming Hermione in the last chapter was not fair, but you need to keep in mind that in that scene, Draco was already struggling with the talk with his mind, and also the possibility of Hermione leaving England. Besides, Hermione mentioned in the letter that she had to keep this hidden from him, but he doesn't know that Astoria had forbidden her from telling him. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

Hermione didn't know who moved first.

Draco didn't know why he didn't pull away.

But a second later, Hermione leaned up and Draco leaned up, and their lips touched.

The two felt at home as they kissed each other. Something they haven't felt in a long time. 

That kiss, it felt really familiar, yet foreign to Draco. Perhaps it was because she had been his first ever kiss during eighth year which had made him feel loved. 

His first kiss had been because of a dare. During his second year, he had been dared to kiss Pansy, and so he had kissed her for two reasons. 

First, he had never been the one to back out from a challenge, no matter what the challenge or the dare was. So he did not think twice before kissing Pansy. 

And secondly, Draco knew that if he backed out, then the other Slytherins would make fun of him and call him a coward, and no doubt, that news of him being called a coward would reach his parents, and his father would not be happy with him.

Malfoys do not get scared, Lucius had once told him when a five year old Draco had refused to climb the tree because he was scared. 

And when the five year old Draco had fallen down on the ground while coming down the tree, his father had scolded him when he had cried. 

Since then, Draco had learnt to control his emotions whenever he was in front of Lucius, so you can say that he had learned Occlumency from a very young age, in his own way, of course.

And as he had already learned Occlumency before even coming to Hogwarts, he had no problem in learning Legilimency as well.

The second last time he had cried in front of his father was the summer before sixth year. When he had been given the mark under duress.

But at that time, his mother was crying and not even looking at him as she was begging both Voldemort and Bellatrix to stop, and his father was too busy supporting and holding his mother because she looked as if she could collapse any moment then.

His father didn't get to confront him after Draco had fainted from the pain, because by the time he had woken up, Voldemort had sent Lucius back to Azkaban, and removed the imposter, who had been placed there for a few hours because the Dark Lord had wanted Lucius to see his son suffering.

A punishment he deserved, were the Dark Lord's exact words. And that is why, he won't be rescued from Azkaban just yet. I want to see him break down.

And well Lucius had been released, his and Draco's relationship had become estranged. Draco hadn't talked more than a few words with him for years, that is, before Lucius had explained everything to him a few months ago. 

And for as the last time he had cried in front of his father, was when Draco had been tortured by both Voldemort and Bellatrix for a month after he had failed to kill Dumbledore.