Ch 10

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. I apologise for the way it ended, because it looked really weird to me, but to end it properly, I would have to add one more scene in it, which would have made it longer. Anyways, so Hermione finally tells him what she did. What do you think of it? Did you think I would reveal that this soon, or perhaps wait for a few more chapters? Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

 A few months later....

February 2005

"Still no sign of him?" Draco asked him as he entered Harry's office. 

The Chosen One shook his head. "I am telling you, he is a freaking genius. It doesn't even matter that we know his real name or that how he looks, we cannot catch him." 

"Did Kingsley ask other Ministries to look at this case?" 

He nodded. "But they won't help us. After all, he is not a Death Eater so they think he is not dangerous, which is totally rubbish. I mean, just look at you. I hate to admit this, but you are damn smart and you can be a leader of Death Eaters if you want to, and you can probably attack the Ministry and we won't even be able to catch you..." He faltered as he realised what he said after seeing the look on his friend's face. 

Friends huh? You will be lucky if Draco doesn't kill you after what you said about him, Harry thought. 

"I suggest you shut up before you make me kill you, Potter. And believe me, Granger will not protect you this time. Definitely not after she gets to know you said that I can be the leader of those Death Eaters." Draco spat and glared at him. 

If looks could kill... Harry shook his head. 

"Look, Draco, I am sorry. I wasn't thinking when I said that-" 

"What a shocker." The Malfoy heir rolled his eyes. 

"-but anyways, we should get on with the real topic." Harry said, ignoring Draco's interruption. "We still haven't been able to catch him, and if my Auror instincts are correct, then I think he won't rest until he gets his revenge." 

"Then there is only one thing we can do until we catch him." Draco said. "We need to protect Granger. Knowing that git, he would definitely come back. He would come out of his hidinf. And we need to be prepared. We can't let him get away this time, Potter." 

Harry nodded. "You are right." 

"I am right all the time, ain't I? And that is something most people forget." Draco smirked at him.

He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I think we should not let Hermione help us with this case." 

The blonde wizard raised an eyebrow at him. "And why is that, Potter?" 

"Protection, Draco, protection. You yourself said a minute ago that we need to protect her. And if she is working on this case, it won't help the matter at all. If she got involved with this, it will only put her at even more danger. And we can't do that." 

"I hate it when you are right." Draco muttered. "So, do you have any ideas how we can stop Granger from working on this Carl Roger case?" 

----------

A few minutes later....

"I know what you are planning with Harry." Hermione told her partner as soon as he entered their office. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Draco said. 

"You cannot lie to me, Draco." She said. "I know you were discussing that case with Harry and knowing you two, you would have probably decided to not let me join it."