Ch 16

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. I apologise if it was overwhelming, but I hadn't showed how everyone had been affected because of the war in Another Chance, so I wanted to include that in it. I tried to keep it as short as I could, and I loved the words Draco had told Hermione (the scene where he says life is worth living). The ending line of that paragraph was inspired by a song, 'Life Is Worth Living' by Justin Bieber, and I absolutely love it. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

Draco had a nightmare. 

Actually, he wasn't sure if it was a nightmare or not. 

What do you actually call a dream that you were pleased to have, but as soon as you wake up, it affects you worse than a nightmare would? 

That was Draco's situation. 

To be honest, he didn't regret having that dream, not at all. He would do anything to see her again, even if it meant him suffering afterwards. 

And the dream he had had, it was one of his favourite memories of her. Of them.

He still remembered how nervous he had been before he had plucked up the courage to do that.

Of course, how could he forget about his nervousness? Blaise and Theo still teased him about that constantly.

Just you wait, Draco would tell them, just you wait until it is your turn. I will get my revenge, idiots.

And his turn was soon approaching, he reckoned. There wasn't much time left until one of his best friends asked a certain question to a certain someone.

Although he was happy for them, he still couldn't understand what Pansy had even seen in Blaise.

Seriously, Blaise? That git had a huge ego, even bigger than that of Draco.

Well it's not like Draco thought he had a huge ego. It wasn't called ego, according to him. It was just his pride, and confidence in himself.

Aside from the fact that Blaise had a huge ego, he was annoying. Really annoying. There were days where Draco was that close to hexing him.

Perhaps turning him into a ferret would be better. Imagine Blaise Zabini as a ferret.

Maybe then his friends would stop teasing him, and instead make fun of Blaise.

And his mother, she was honestly one of the most unpredictable people he had ever met.

When he had thought that she would angry that someone had punched her son, she had just said that he had probably deserved it. 

Then she had told him to warn the Dunderhead Trio that the Death Eaters were after the Muggle Borns during the Quidditch World Cup. He had to tried to warn them, though his words had been cruel, and he knew that perfectly well. But it's not like if Draco had tried to warn them in a sickeningly sweet and friendly tone, that they would have believed him. They would not have. So he had to use those words, and it had become one of the things he has grown to regret. But, he had thought at that time, better that muggle born Granger hating me, then leaving this world.

Next, he had thought his mother would just go to Hogwarts, and shout at Moody (well, Barty Crouch Jr.) for turning her precious son into a ferret. But she had had a good laugh when Theo had told her that news, even if Draco had warned him not to.

And last but not the least, she had invited Hermione to their penthouse during his eighth year. While he knew that his mother had never been that supportive of the blood purity thing, and had probably never hated Hermione, Draco had never thought that his mother would willingly invite her to their home for the holidays, and even apologise to her.