Ch 9

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. So, Adam gave Hermione's file to Draco. What do you think of that? Will Draco get his answers soon because he has the file now? I think he will get the answers soon. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

A Few days later...

"You didn't tell me about your date." Draco said. 

Hermione, who was reading a file, looked at him for a second and shook her head. "I did. I told you that it was good but that it didn't beat our accidental date. Remember?" 

"No." When she raised her eyebrows at him, he added, "Wait, I meant that I do remember. But I wasn't talking about how your date went in the first place. I was talking about the person with whom you were on a date. You still haven't told me about him." 

She looked back at the file. "Why do you even want to know about him?" 

"Because." He smirked at her.

"Draco-" 

"Oh come on, Granger." He stood up, walked towards her desk and sat down in the chair in front of it. "After all, I did tell you about my date with Astoria, didn't I?" 

You say it like I requested you to tell me, Hermione thought and mentally rolled her eyes. "If you are forgetting, I was the one who recommended you that restaurant when you were asking everyone." 

"Potato Potahto, Granger." Draco smirked at her. 

Hermione gasped and immediately stood up. She walked towards him, and patted his back. "Congratulations." 

"For what?" 

"This is the first time you have said a Muggle thing correctly." She grinned at him. "I am so proud of you, Draco." She wiped her non existing tears from her face.

He scowled at her. "Did I mention that I hate you? Because, believe me, I really do. Specially right now." 

"I love you too." She grinned even more widely, if that was possible, and returned back to her seat. 

Draco rolled his eyes. "Who do I even bother with you? Sometimes I wonder if someone had threaten me to become your best friend, because there is no way I would have done it." 

"Good to know that I mean so much to you." She said. "You are truly a pleasant company, Draco. No wonder they praise you so much in Witch Weekly." 

"You read about me in that stupid magazine?" He asked, but without giving her a chance to answer, he added, "Don't think that I didn't realise the change in subject. So, how did you meet your date? That James guy?" 

"It's not James, Draco. His name is Daniel Jones." 

Draco just looked at her and crossed his arms in front of him, as if to say, "Do I look like someone who gives a bloody care about your date's name?" 

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Anyways, I met him here, in the Ministry. He works in the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Remember the day you refused to go to lunch with me? That's the day I met him." 

He mentally cursed himself. If it hadn't been for him, Hermione would not have met that James guy. 

Right, Jones guy. 

"I was eating lunch alone in the Ministry break room, when he just came and sat down next to me, saying that it was the only seat left. Of course, he said that he could move if I was uncomfortable, but it was fine. So, we spent an hour just talking about simple stuff, and when I was about to come back here, he said that it was nice meeting me and talking as well."