Ch 31

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. It has finally been revealed why Draco obliviated Hermione, and how Lucius played a role in that. Also, I had to add Harry and Draco's banter, because I love writing it so much. Their talks as friends, or even as best friends, are just so good. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

"Any news?" Harry asked as he looked at Draco walking towards him. "Did they say anything?"

"No, nothing at all." The ex Slytherin shook his head and leaned against the wall opposite to the one on which Harry was leaning against. "It has been hours and still....."

"Be patient, Draco." He advised.

"Says the one who is himself getting impatient." Draco let out a dry chuckle. "Do you even know me, Potter? When have I ever been patient?"

"Oh I know that very well." Harry retorted. "Had to learn a few things about you considering I have been your best friend for nine years now. I can't be oblivious of the facts now, can I?"

"Don't push your luck, Potter. We both know that I only tolerate you because of-"

"Granger." Draco finished just as Harry said, "Hermione."

The two felt silent at the mention of their best friend.

"And well....." Harry started a few minutes later. "There is always the bonus of getting to know your embarrassing secrets and stories by being your friend."

"Salazar." Draco groaned. "Don't tell me my mother told you about that. I thought she only told my friends."

"You wound me, Draco." Harry placed a hand over his heart. "How dare you hurt me? I didn't expect you to do this to me. After all we have been through....."

"Quit with your dramatics." Draco rolled his eyes. "My mother is dramatic enough. You don't have to be a drama queen like her."

"Oh you act like you haven't gotten your N.E.W.T.S. in being the most dramatic person." He commented. "And of course, your father is dramatic just like you. Honestly, who takes hours to do his hair?"

"You shouldn't say like that, Potter, when you don't even know the meaning of perfection. Have you ever even looked at your hair? I don't even have words to describe that mess you call hair."

"You don't have words yet no one can stop you from ranting for hours." Harry muttered. "I feel bad for Blaise and Theo. No matter they like using Silencio on you."

"Though I suppose your hair isn't the worst, I can give you that." Draco continued, ignoring what Harry said. "There is Granger, and her hair is a bird's nest. I wonder how many brushes she must have broken while brushing her hair."

This time, Harry didn't let them fall into silence once again when Hermione's name was mentioned. 

He was suffering, but he knew that more than him, Draco was suffering. And Harry wouldn't let him occlude his emotions once again.

So, he quickly retorted, "Oh and what about the fact that you used to use so much hair gel in our first and second years." 

And as expected, that worked. 

You do not insult Draco, or say anything bad about his hair, and expect him to not say anything in return. 

"But you can't deny the fact that even then girls were after me." Draco smirked. "Not that you would know anything about good looks, of course."

"Oh please." Harry snorted. "You seem to have forgotten about the fame I had and the girls who were after me in sixth year."

"Oh that's because of me."