Ch 13

A/N: Hey everyone! So first of all, thank you so much for 1k+ views! It means a lot to me. Anyways, hope you guys liked the last chapter. I tried explaining Draco's feelings during the war, it wasn't much, but I hope it was enough to tell you all that it wasn't easy for him, not at all. Yes, the ending was a bit dramatic, but it's something that had been planned ever since I started writing this. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

"WHAT?" Hermione couldn't believe what he was saying.

"I-I don't know... T-the Healer j-just said..." Draco was still shaking, he too couldn't believe what the Healer had told him.

Athy, who had noticed the change in her father's magic and mood, started crying. Hermione quickly tried to sooth her, but her mind was elsewhere.

"We need to go to St Mungo's now." Draco grabbed her hand, and apparated both of them to the Wizarding Hospital.

Athena didn't stop crying when they arrived there, her cries only got louder because of the apparation, which made everyone look at them, and they started whispering among themselves.

But Draco was too tense to pay attention to them. He did nothing but run towards the reception, and said, "I am Draco Malfoy, Healer Matthew called me here. Where's my wife?"

The receptionist, who had just graduated from Hogwarts, stared at him in shock. Draco Malfoy? The death eater Draco Malfoy?

"I asked you something, woman!" 

She couldn't say anything. Why was he even allowed to come here? Shouldn't he be in Azkaban or something for everything he did? 

Draco couldn't control his temper anymore. "WHERE IS MY WIFE?" He yelled and slammed his hands on top of the counter. As he did that, Athy let out a loud wail. 

Hermione walked towards him, and placed her hand on his bicep. "Calm down, Draco, please." Turning towards the receptionist, she asked, "In which room number is Astoria Malfoy?" 

"S-she is in r-room number 549." She stuttered. 

Draco immediately turned around and was about to walk away when he looked at his daughter, who was crying in his best friend's arms. 

He took Athy from her, and tried to shush her. Before they could start walking, Draco heard someone calling him. "Mr Malfoy! Healer Matthews here." 

He turned towards the man, and was about to ask something, but the Healer continued, "If you would just come with me for a minute..." Matthews looked at Hermione, and added, "I would like to discuss a few things with you." 

Hermione squeezed his bicep and said, "Go on, I will be here."  

He nodded and walked away from her. The ex Gryffindor witch turned towards the receptionist, narrowed her eyes at her. 

"What is your name?" She asked. 

"Claire Smith, ma'am." 

"As far as I know, whoever wishes to work in St Mungo's, has to take an oath, right Claire?" When she nodded, Hermione continued, "Can you repeat that oath for me?" 

"Y-yes. Tend to the sick and wounded, listen to people patiently, answer their questions calmly, and treat everyone equally, no matter their status, gender or anything else." 

"Very well." Hermione nodded. "Do you know that you just broke two out of those four promises of the oath? You were supposed to listen to Mr Malfoy patiently, and treat him just as you treat everyone else. Why did you not do that?"