Ch 14

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. I didn't want it to be completely sad, so I had to add a couple of fluffy scenes. The angst will be coming soon, but I assure you that there will be happy scenes as well. One more thing, this chapter will mainly deal with everyone's reaction to what happened in the last chapter, so please don't read this if you are uncomfortable with it. Though, I'll be including some fluffy scenes as well to balance this chapter. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

Draco didn't know where he was. 

He didn't want to know where he was. 

Draco didn't want to be there, wherever he was. 

He wanted to be in his home, with his wife and daughter, watching one of those weird cartoons that Athy was so fond of in that weird muggle contraption called Teely-fision. 

Oh wait, they were supposed to go to his parents' new Manor, since the Malfoy Manor was only used for parties and brunches on Sundays nowadays, and have dinner with their friends. 

He had hoped that his mother would make his favorite apple pies. 

He thought it was the only thing without which he couldn't live. 

Oh how wrong he was. 

Clearly, he hadn't thought about his love that time. If there was someone or something without which he couldn't live, it had to be Astoria. 

And now she had left him.

That was the reason why Draco Lucius Malfoy found himself standing near the edge of the roof of St Mungo's. 

He wouldn't lie by saying that he was fine. No, he really wasn't. For the briefest moment, the thought about jumping over the edge did cross his mind. 

But he had shaken his head as soon as that thought had come in his mind. He wouldn't, no, he could not do that. 

There were so many reasons as to why he couldn't. 

First of all, Athy His daughter was his priority now. She had always been, but now, she needed him more than ever. Besides, if it weren't for him, then who would teach her to become the best Slytherin Seeker to ever exist? 

After that, his parents. He remembered the expression on his mother's face when the Noseless Voldy Moldy had given him the task. 

Draco had to non verbally use Petrificus Totalus on her to stop her from interfering because he knew that Voldemort would not even blink an eye before torturing her, just like he had used the Cruciatus Curse on the Malfoy heir when he had first refused to take the Mark and become a Death Eater. 

But that didn't stop her from interfering when Draco was getting tortured in front of his whole family, by his aunt Bellatrix, for failing his task. He was too weak to even think about a spell, let alone using one, and Narcissa couldn't handle watching her son suffering. She had yelled at her sister to stop torturing him, and so rather than continuing that, Voldemort had told Bellatrix to torture Narcissa instead, for daring to yell at one of his most loyal followers. It was only when Lucius had begged him to stop, that the Dark Lord had finally told her that it was enough. 

He remembered how his parents, specially his mother was feeling when they thought that he would be sent to Azkaban for life. The thought of him going away was too much for them. Draco didn't want to put them in that same position again. His childhood may not have been a happy one, and he may not have received any gesture of love or affection from his parents, at least as far as he could remember, but that didn't mean that he would want them to suffer.