Ch 2

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the first chapter. As I said in the starting, everything will be cleared. You may have already guessed who is Draco's partner but if not, then it will be revealed in this chapter. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

Draco just stood there in shock for a few minutes. 

He slowly raised his hand and used it to pinch his other hand. He winced at the pain but it was enough to make him believe that he wasn't dreaming. 

She was really there, in front of him. That is, unless she was an imposter or this was just a silly prank to irritate him. 

"Alright there, Malfoy?" His partner, or he hoped that she would be his partner, stood up from his chair. 

Draco crossed the room in three strides and stood in front of her. "Granger? Is it really you?" He raised his hand and touched her shoulder, as if to check that she was really here.

Before she could say anything, he pulled her in for a hug. She too wrapped her arms around him when he squeezed her gently. "You have no idea how much I missed you, Hermione." 

"I thought you would have forgotten about me, Draco. It's been so long." Hermione whispered, her voice cracking. 

"How can I forgot about you, idiot? You were my best friend." Draco pulled away and looked at her. "You are my best friend." 

"Wasn't Harry enough then?" She smirked at him. 

"Oh please. We all know that I only tolerated him because of you." He rolled his eyes. "Besides, that git has a huge ego." 

"That's not what you said when we all were drunk that day. As I clearly recall, Harry offered you a handshake and you accepted." Draco scowled at her. 

Hermione smiled. "I thought you would be confused at first to see me in your office. And then you would be angry, and would have told Kingsley to change your partner." 

"Oh, I am angry." He narrowed his eyes at her. "How did you think I felt when I saw that letter? Potter had to control and stop me from barging into McGonagall's office. But, that doesn't mean that I am not happy to see you here." 

"Right. So, I assume you don't want to change your partner?" He shook his head. "In that case, I already told Kingsley that we would start working on our cases from tomorrow." 

Draco nodded. "Take a seat, Granger. We have a lot to talk about." 

------- 

"How do you think Ferret will react when he sees Hermione in his office?" Harry looked up from his hands to see Ron standing in front of him. 

"I don't know, but I hope they won't kill each other." Harry said. "As much as I hate to admit it, Draco's one of our best Aurors, and if somebody deserves to be Hermione's partner, then it's him." 

Ron sat down in front of him. "But still, do you think it was the best decision? After all, he still hasn't forgiven her, even if you all tried to convince him."

Harry sighed. "I don't blame Draco, you know? That is, for not forgiving her."

"What-"

"Let me speak, Ron. I do not blame him for that." Before his best friend could say anything, he continued, "She was his best friend for Merlin's sake! How do you will react if you wake up to find a letter from me saying that I need to go and you can't search for me?"

He didn't say anything for a few moments. Just as Harry thought he would have to say something else, Ron nodded. "Well,if you say it like that then... It would have been hard for him."