【17】- Barbie Girl with an AK

Start from the beginning

I was undercover as one of the bodyguards for the President of Germany. Some local mercenaries were causing trouble and I was already in the area for a previous mission so I just decided to take the case. The head of the security detail for the President was fed up with the poor decisions, so he decided he would take care of him himself. I overheard the conversation, but before I could warn the agency I got knocked out and here I was.

One of them holds a knife to my side, slowly inching it closer to my skin. I struggle to contort my body away from the blade, but I had to move my hands to do so. Before he could break the skin on my side, I felt the blood from my wrists drip down my arm.

He pulled his blade away from my side before standing up and walking to the other side of the room. His colleague pulled a lever on the other side of the room and I could feel my arms being lowered. They were transporting me for interrogation. Removing the chains, they bound my hands with rope. Problem was, I knew how to escape from rope. By the time they had me sat down in their chair, I already had the end of the rope I needed to pull for the entire thing to fall apart.

I waited for the leader to put his gun down before picking up a scalpel and raising it for me to see.

"Let's make Barbie girl even prettier," he says with his thick Russian accent.

I didn't give him the satisfaction of a reaction, and when he was close enough, I grabbed his arm and stabbed his eye with the scalpel. I then turned to the other two in the room, using their dead colleague as a shield as I went to grab his gun. Instead, I grabbed two daggers and threw them in their general direction, just to distract them.

I knocked the table with the gun on it down, using the table as a shield as I fired three shots. I hit the two already in the room and the third who was coming in when he heard gunshots. Few more gunshots and I cleared the entire building.

Barbie girl with an AK.

I exited the building they were keeping me in and safely got back to protect the President.

"I remember reading that file," Graves says, keeping his eyes glued to the floor. "You took out 25 men in that abandoned warehouse and came out with just a few scratches and your bleeding wrists." I shrugged, the agency didn't seem to care, so I didn't care.

"I guess it's my time to share." Jennie starts.

"My sister died when I was 13. She was shot and no one could find out why. It was then that my dad started getting paranoid, hiring triple our normal guards and having them follow me everywhere. I didn't like it. Whenever I went to the bathroom at school, the male guards had to clear the entire bathroom first. I quickly switched to homeschooling after that. I don't like having bodyguards cause it reminds me of my sister too much." I stare at her as her eyes begin to cloud up with tears. I grabbed a tissue from my nightstand and began to wipe away the tears.

"I'm telling you this," I start, as I continue to wipe her tears, "because what you were dragged into tonight, can't be ignored. My name is Agent Manoban. I've been working for The Agency for 15 years, du-"

"You're 19, right?" I eye her suspiciously as I slowly nod my head. "You started training when you were 4?" I avoid her eyes as I slowly nod my head. She says nothing in response to my actions, so I just continue.

"I trained until I was 16 years old. I was apart of an extensive training program. It was in its test phase, and they only take 1 child every 15 years. Most other agents start their training at age 11-13. I wasn't like most agents. I went through a special training regiment. My father died when I was young and my mother gave me to the agency since she didn't have time to take care of me. Most of these scars aren't even from missions, they're from my training exercises. I-" Graves places a hand on my shoulder as I slump my sitting position. We sit in silence for a bit until my phone rings.