Vina left them trying to calm down.
She never thought her son, she loves so much, was already in a distant past now.

Tyrone is grinning.
"You even made my mother hit my face."

"Well...I'm sure it was your first time being slapped by your mother. Aren't you glad you had me as your friend?"
Kei smiles.

Tyrone laughs.
"Right. Ahahahha."

Kei stands up
"I want to go home."

"Eh? But you haven't seen my dad yet."

"Urgh! I'm sure your mother will find out I lied sooner or later. I have to run away before that."

Tyrone giggles.
"So many people want to stay and talk to my mother. You are the only one who is eager to escape."

Kei sighs.
"This is such a long day. Meeting you is just too tiring."

"Do you....regret meeting me?" Tyrone asks.

Kei frowns.
"Is there any point in regretting?"

Tyrone nods.
"None."

"If you understand then shut up." Kei sighs.

***

"You look happy tonight,"

"Yes. I found a friend...My best friend!" Tyrone smiles.

The man in the bed smiles.
"That is good. You finally found someone to be your friend. I am glad."

"Uncle, do you want to meet Kei?"

"Kei?"

"He is my friend. He is extremely funny. And he made mother slaps me."

"Eh? Vina did?"

"Mother is extremely furious when she found out that Kei fooled her. It's hilarious." Tyrone laughs.

"For you to smile like this...I am glad."

Tyrone smiles and holds his frail Uncle's hand.

"Uncle, I will play a song for you."

"Yes. It is the only thing that can make me feel sleepy."

The man smiles.

****

Kei was looked at by his half siblings with astonishment.

"I heard that the Astrid young master is going to the same university.
Didn't know you will be that lucky to be acquainted on the first day! You are more cunning than I thought!" Faye said,trembling. She is not insulting him.
Nor is she provoking him.
She is sincerely shocked and weirded by Kei's luck.

Kei frowns

"How am I lucky?"
He was escorted home by a car that had an Astrid's family crest.
Of course it is a big deal and even made Ark come home early with a deep expression in his face.

There are five families that hold a great significance in the business world.The most influential are the top 3 families competing for the title of number one namely Settir, Roseburn and the Astrid. They have different main businesses thus they can't really tell who is leading and who is more powerful but it's a tacit understanding not to cross any of them.

The fourth are the Wilderburg family and Laurel Family.
The Wilderburg family actually is a very rich family that lived overseas and has a lot of resources but all came from a foreign country and their connections can work little in this industry so their business is just barely succeeding with the help of the Victorian family. Ark's ex-wife's family.
They are in the line of showbiz industry and help Ark's company to get popular and that helped them to be stable in the industry.
Laurel Family is an old timer business family but they were always oppressed because they are competing with the Settir's family.
Because of the tough rivalry that they can't really be part of the magic three.
Still, they are people that can fight side by side with Settir's family and can't be easily looked down.

With those high profile families is Kei.
Kei who just barely be called the young master. He has been to some parties but he wasn't properly introduced yet.
Ark is planning to formally introduce him as an heir to the Wilderburg's family in the annual celebration of his company.
He wanted it to be grand and make the world know Kei's name throughout the country.

Kei has no idea about it.
Aurora once told him but was ignored by Kei.
Faye also talked about it but since Kei is escaping her, he just nods and leaves hurriedly.

Ark only has one son. And his two daughters don't like to manage business. They agreed to give the leadership to Kei someday but they of course have shares in the company.

Ark face is extremely dark.
"Don't go too far." He said in front of the meal.

The twins paused and seriously looked at Ark.

Kei continued eating without care. He is always lazy in the evening.
All he wanted is to check his notes before sleeping.

"I am talking to you Kei."

Kei froze and looked at Ark.

"Huh?"

Ark sighs.
"I appreciate your effort in making connections but you have to do this slowly. Cultivate feeling. You can't just jump in the boat and let it ride you everywhere."

Kei swallows the food he is chewing.
He sits straight.
"Okay." He said.

Faye angrily kicks him under the table.

"You look so serious! Meaning you have no idea what we are talking about, right?"

Kei angrily rubs his hurt leg.
"Urgh....Sorry....What are you talking about?"

Ark sighs.

"Dad is concerned about your involvement with Astrid's family.
Though we encourage you to continue making friends at Astrid's young master. It is also a risky one. Astrid's family is very protective toward their heir. If you proceed without a plan, you might get caught in an awkward position." Aurora said.

Kei frowns.
".......you mean Tyrone?"

"Is there any Astrid young master aside from him?" Faye rolls her eyes.

"All of this talk is just because I came home using their family's car? You all people have no life at all or you all have so much free time? You sound like a typical gossiping neighborhood aunts" Kei sighs.

"We are just concerned for your sake!" Aurora said.

Kei looks at her with a disgusted facial expression

Aurora clicks her tongue.
"We are also concerned about us since you might pull us down with you!"

Kei sighs.
"It is just so much better when you two are on the television....Since I can mute your volume."

Aurora and Faye snort at him.

A/N:
It's been in my google doc for sometime now but I forgot to publish.
Thanks for reading ♡