Chapter 46:- The Neuron Induced Hallucination

Start from the beginning

It almost seemed to be working but then she screamed on top of her lungs.

She turned around and tore off the bed-sheet, the curtain, and several vases that were lavishly decorated. She took down the drapes, the curtain rod fell with a thump echoing all around the room. She broke the mirror in a fit of anger along with several other breakable things.

Finally, when she stopped, black lines ran down her face, her eyes were full of tears, and her hair askew.

The girl was Serena, back when she still had the honey in her hair.

"That... that... that son of a!" She screamed before breaking into a cry.

Ash's heart did somersaults as he remembered the passive behavior Serena had when he'd told her about Misty. It was because she had already known.

Serena took out her phone when her cry was over, she composed herself by taking a few deep breaths. She then took out her phone and dialed a certain number.

A smile crept upon her face as she said, "Hello Clemont? I would like to reconsider your offer, I'd love to go to the Cafe with you."

The scene changed again and this time, Ash found himself back in the room with the electric chair and the screen. He wanted to say that the shocks had stopped but Ash had no idea at all. His whole body was numb and his eyes were unfocused.

"...is he dead...?"

"What no!"

"Look at him!" He felt a warm hand around his face, "he's... the bridges are closing in!"

"He's not dead! He... he has to live!"

"His breathing... it's..."

"What are you implying, Serena? You want to leave him for dead?!"

"What no! I'd leave you here sooner than I'd leave him!"

"That's the spirit! Help me get him up!"

The two voices were Gary and Serena, Ash could recognize their voices even on the bridge of death. He was hearing their voices, it could only mean one thing that he was alive.

His neuron induced hallucination wasn't real, it was the Unown messing with him like before. It meant that it was near, the ancient relic that they were after, the one his mother had warned them about.

But Gary and Serena didn't know, he had to tell them but he was too weak to even open his eyes.

Soldier through, he told himself, it'll all be over in a second.

He shot his eyes open, he was leaning against his friend for support and the room was buzzing red. It created a vivid headache but Ash soldiered through.

"Un... own..." he said but no one heard.

"Un... own..." he kept repeating but his voice was overpowered by the blazing alarms.

Ash then tugged whatever he could get his hands on.

"What the—" said Serena as she turned, "Ash? Oh my God, you're alive!"

He kept on muttering the word, this time, Serena brought her ear closer to his mouth.

"What's he saying?" Asked Gary.

Serena hesitated to answer, "Unown."

"It's here?!"

She nodded, "It was messing with his mind earlier... but there is no time, we have to go."

But Gary didn't bulge, he knew the seriousness of the situation but he also knew that if they let it slide this time, they'd never be able to catch it again. After all, he'd witnessed its mighty dimension. If it was able to create such a complex dimension all by itself, there was no telling what would happen if the apocalypse got their hands on it.

"Ash is right, we have to find it."

"Ash is deranged!" Argued Serena, "if we don't get him—"

"I'd he wakes up and realized that he suffered for nothing! That will destroy him! You know how he is!"

Serena bit her lip, seeing Ash in the condition he was in was tough. It had rattled her to her core. She didn't care about the Apocalypse of the world, all she cared about was Ash.

She didn't want to live in a world he wasn't in.

Just as she struggled to search for answers, a certain yellow light buzzed in front of her. Her jaw dropped open as she pointed towards the source.

"I don't think we have to..."

In front of them was the stelae, glowing in a certain yellow light. The letter omega was burning across its surface.

"What is happening?" Asked Gary.

The intensity of the light increased manifold times that it caused their eyes to close. By the time they opened, the stelae were gone, and in its place was a small stone in the shape of omega.