19 l Relationship

Start from the beginning

I tighten my grip on Ema's hand and look back at them.

"Are you sure you're okay with me staying after all of that? It's okay you know, you don't have to force yourself just because Miwa-san told you to host me here."

"Of course!" Said all of them in sync.

"We're the ones who should be sorry! We were the one who shouted and treated you unfairly after all"

"Yeah. Besides, you are already like a family to some of us. As for the rest you could start getting to know them while you live here."

Feeling touched, I smiled at their words before muttering a quiet "Thank you".

We all smiled and for the first time that day the everyone was feeling content and relaxed.

*****

I yawned as I sat on the couch with the others, Ema was cleaning the dishes in the kitchen. I offered her help but she just declined and said that I should just sit down and relax. So I did, not wanting any more banters today.

I relaxed on the sofa with Wataru and Fuuto on either side of me. The comfortable silence was interrupted by Iori who, by far never talked, aside from when he was introduced when I first moved in. And that's only him saying a quiet "Hello" to me. So it was a bit of a startle when he decided to talk to me.

"If you don't mind me asking, Yuki-san..." I gestured for him to continue.

"I know that you're not really dating Ema and that you're staying here because of your job." Fuuto yet again let another groan, knowing where his question was going, whilst I just tilted my head to the side, an act that made some of the brothers hearts skip a beat at.

Iori raised a questioning eyebrow at Fuuto but continued nonetheless, "But, if you're not dating Ema then, what's your real relationship with her? Judging by the way you acted towards one another you don't look like you're mere friends."

"Now that you think about it, you're right. That does seems odd. How Ema cries like that when they met— and while that does sound believable if you two were dating — which you're not— I don't think Ema is the type to cry that hard for a friend that doesn't even went away for that long. I mean 2 years isn't THAT long if you think of it, is it?"

"Yeah even if they were that intimate as Best friends, it still doesn't explains how you know Mom and Rintarou-san on a personal level."

"Maybe Onee-chan told him?" Wataru asked.

"Even if she did told him—which is not weird I guess considering they're at least friends— It doesn't quite answer the question now does it? On how he knows Mom and Rintarou-san well enough for them to offer him to live here with us. He went to university in London and only ever came back 2 years ago, where Mom haven't even met Rintarou-san yet. So that means, that either he met one of them before and is quite close to them or-"

"Or there's something he's still not telling us" Iori finished.

Everyone turned to look at me, eyes expecting me to answer. I just fidgeted a bit on my seat. Just as I was opened my mouth to explain, Ema came back from the kitchen.

"I finished washing the dishes!" Just noticing the lingering heavy air once again in the room.

As all of them turned to look at Ema, who was startled at the sudden attention and asked "What's wrong?"