19

Demi's POV

I walked with Kenzie down to my kitchen so we could eat something. We were both extremely hungry! The thought of her having to say everything that happened again in front of a lot of people made me really nervous. What if I can't get her ready for that in a month? What if she refuses to talk about it again? Her father's going to be in there, how will she react to knowing that? I decided to tell her as soon as possible so we would have more time to prepare. "So Kenzie," I started. She looked up from  her toast to me. "You know how you talked to me last night of what your father had done?" She nodded and her eyes shifted down back to her toast. "Do you think you could do that again?" She gave me a look that was nervous, yet confused. "See, I would be in the room, but there would be more people than just me. Could you tell in front of everyone?"

She shrugged. "Depends."

"On what?"

"Will daddy know that I said anything?"

Great. "Well, yeah. He'll be in the room too, but-"

"No," Kenzie said, cutting me off. "I can't do that, Demi," she complained to me.

"Listen, I know it's hard," I started while sitting down beside her and wrapping my arm around her tiny shoulders. "But it's really important. If you don't, there's a big possibility that you'll be taken away."

"But I like it here."

"I know. That's why you need to tell."

"But he'll be in there."

"But he can't hurt you. Everyone else in that room are going to make sure that he can't get to you. You will see each other, but he can't do anything. He'll be watched. You'll be completely safe," I explained. I didn't know what else to say. It was scary, but it had to be done.

"You'll stay with me?"

"The entire time."

I could tell by her face that she was thinking really hard. "Okay," she said after a while.

"Really?" I asked, almost in shock. She nodded and took a bite of her toast.

"I trust you. I don't want to leave."

I engulfed her in a big hug, and I felt her body relax into me. "I don't want you to leave either."

-

For the whole month, I made sure to talk to Kenzie constantly about how much I cared for her. Every time I suspected something was wrong, I asked her about it. It was always something small, but I had to be sure she was comfortable talking to me. If she couldn't talk to me, she wouldn't talk to anybody. "Ready?" I asked as I pulled into the parking lot of the court house. She nodded silently. I got out of the car and took her hand, walking inside of the building. We were directed into the court room, and we both took a seat. "Remember," I talked quietly into her ear, "just imagine that this was the night you told me. I'm the only one you're talking to." She nodded. Soon, the doors opened, and he father came in. I felt Kenzie get tense. She stared at him, and he stared at her with a grin. e looked up at me, and his grin grew wider. When Kenzie wouldn't look away from him, I put my hand over her eyes and gently turned her head to face me. "Just don't look at him," I instructed, and she nodded in response. I was getting more and more nervous as more people filed in. Soon, it was time for the judge to come in.

"All rise," a man said, and we did as we were told. Judge Johnson came in, a middle-aged woman with her dark brown hair held tightly in a bun. She had glasses that she looked over as she scanned the room. She sat, and then we did. This was going to be a long trial, I could already tell.

More theatre business next weekend, so here's an update.

He Told Me Not to Tell (Demi Lovato Adoption COMPLETE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें