17

Kenzie's POV

"I can't tell you," I whisper. I wanted to tell Demi. I wanted to tell her so bad.

"Please, Kenzie," she begs.

I shake my head quickly, new tears in my eyes. I fought the urge to spill everything that happened. "I can't."

"Yes, you can. You just aren't allowing yourself to. Please, if you tell me, I can help you. I hate seeing you like this. You're terrified. I hate it. I need to know so I can help. Please, Kenzie." I shake my head, sniffling. "One thing? Can you just tell me one thing? What happened in your dream?" she seemed so desperated, but I was desperate to keep it a secret. Or was I desperate to tell her? Both. I was desperate for both.

"I'm sorry. I can't tell you. I just can't."

She pulled me up on her lap. I surprised myself when I leaned my head on her shoulder and cried into her. I've never been this close to anyone in so long unless I was forced to. I hated it when I was forced to, but this felt so right. I trusted her, but I couldn't say anything. "Why can't you tell me?" She asks calmly while stroking my hair.

"H-he told me n-not to t-tell," I choked out.

"Who's he?"

"Daddy!" I cried out, followed by several sobbs. I couldn't control it. I let it out. I look up at her and shook my head. "No, no!"

"Shhh."

"He can't know that I told you that."

"Baby, it's okay. He can't hurt you."

"He said he would."

"No, he can't. I'm with you now. Nothing can happen. He can't hurt you." My head was laying on her shoulder, and I occasionally hiccuped, getting rid of all the tears I had created. "Do you want to keep living with me?" I nodded my head quickly. Of course I did. I couldn't go back to him. "Then you have to tell me what he did."

"W-will you send me back? If I don't tell?"

"No, no, of course not. I wouldn't send you back for anything. But there's a big possibility that you'll get taken away. I have no power over it. But if you can tell what happened, the man that hurt you will stay in jail, and you can stay with me."

I thought for a moment. "Are you tired?"

"What do you mean?"

"Demi, I want to tell you. I need to tell you. Can I tell you know, or are you too tired?" Shock took over her face. I said everything so quickly, even I had to register what had just come out of my mouth. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Of course you can tell me now." So I told her. I told her everything. I told her about the nightmares that were actually once true. I told her what happened the day the police took me. I told her where he hurt me the most, that was the worst. she healed me tight as I sobbed everything out. the truth left my mouth so freely. It felt so good to tell someone.

"Is that all?" She asks in a whisper, and I nod my head. There was just one more thing I didn't say, but she doesn't need to know about them, right?