21

Kenzie's POV

He stared at me with cold eyes. How did he find me? The only thing separating us were those doors across the room. I looked around, and no one was around. He could come in and take me away, and no one would know who did it. My heart raced when he signaled me to go to him. I slowly stood up and made my way to the door. If I didn't listen to him, he might make whatever is about to happen worse. I opened the door,  and he immediately grabbed my arm, pulling me out of view of someone who could walk into the lobby. "Miss me?" He snarled.

His name was Mark. He was a little taller and slimmer than my dad. He came over a lot, and I was scared of him just as much as I was my dad.

"You shouldn't have done that," he said in a low, intimidating voice. His grip on my arm was still tight. "Your daddy told you to never talk about what he did. You disobeyed him. He's not happy, and neither am I." My throat felt dry. "You've also been eating more," He said, poking my stomach with his hand that wasn't holding my arm. "We told you to stay skinny for us." I remembered them telling me that every time they ran their hands across my stomach. "Were our warnings not good enough?" He asked a little louder, his grip on my arm tightening. I whimpered in fear and pain. "But you were at least smart enough to leave me out." His voice was back down to a harsh whisper. "Now listen to me. You will not tell anyone about this, right?" I didn't answer, I was too scared. "Answer me."

"R-right," I managed to choke out, a single tear escaping my eye.

"Shhhh," he whispered while wiping the tear away. "No crying." He placed a harsh kiss on my cheek. "I can't wait for our next game night. Your daddy might be in jail, but I'm not," he whispered in my ear. I started to tremble as he finally let go of my arm. "Now go back in before that woman comes out." He pushed me towards the door, smacking my butt as I opened it. I ran back to the bench I was sitting on before, then looked back at the door. Mark was gone. Less than a minute later, Demi came out.

"Ready to go?" She asked. I instinctively jumped as she placed her hand on my shoulder. She gave me a worried look, but I gave her a smile, assuring her that I was okay. I can't tell her about Mark. I'll get in so much trouble.

Demi's POV

Kenzie was silent the whole way home. I guessed that she was still shaken up by the court. It's a scary thing for me, and I can't imagine how she felt, seeing the person that hurt her. I'm glad he's in jail. As far as I care, he can die in prison. I found myself hoping that's how it'll turn out. He's unforgivable. I came back to reality when I pulled into my driveway. I took Kenzie's hand, helping her out of the car. As we walked up to the door, I noticed her looking around. "What's wrong?" I asked while searching through my purse for my keys.

"Nothing," she said, turning back towards me. I unlocked the door and opened it, happy that court was over.

"I'm starving. How about I order a pizza," I suggested.

"Okay," she answered. She loves pizza, I was surprised that she wasn't more excited.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked, grabbing my phone to place my order. All I got from her was a tiny nod. I put in my order before putting my phone down and sitting on the couch, pulling Kenzie in front of me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said, looking down. I gently lifted her chin up to look at me, but her eyes stayed fixed to the ground.

"Kenzie, I don't think that everything's okay. What bothering you?"

She shrugged. "I didn't like court."

I took a sigh of relief. "I didn't either, but now it's all over, and we can eat pizza." Kenzie nodded, finally looking up at me. She gave me a soft smile, and I returned one to her.