29

Kenzie's POV

I woke up in a dark room. There weren't any windows, and no source of light. I don't know how I got here. I just remember being told to close my eyes, then I felt hands wrapped around me. "Kennedy?" I whispered. No answer. "Kennedy?"  tried again, this time louder. There still wasn't an answer. I decided to try and get up, and that's when I realized my hands were behind my back. I struggled to get them out, but I couldn't. I couldn't see anything. There wasn't any noise anywhere. I had no idea if I was still in the house that Kennedy lead me into. Did she do this to me? Did she know this would happen? I thought she was my friend.

This is the most scared I have ever been, and I've been scared a lot. I just want to be back home.

After what seemed like forever, I heard a door creak open, and some light came into the room. There was a tall figure standing in the door way. There wasn't enough light for me to tell exactly who it was. The the figure switched on a light that I didn't know was there. I was in the dark so long that the light hurt my eyes. I wanted to cover them with my hands, but they were stuck behind me. After blinking a few times, my eyes started to adjust, and I could tell who the person was. Mark. The same guy that I saw at court. I should have told about him sooner. This wouldn't have happened.

"Miss me?" He asked as he walked towards me. I was terrified. What would he do?

He sat on his knees in front of me and grabbed my chin with his forefinger and thumb. My heart was beating so hard that I thought it was going to pound it's way out of my chest. Mark's face was so close to mine that I could smell the alcohol in his breath. There was so much going on through my head that I couldn't think of any possible way to get out. Mark smiled at me, still holding my chin. His grip was strong. I wasn't used to it anymore. Just when he was about to say something, his phone rang.

"Hello?" He said into the phone. "Eric." That's my dad's name. "You are? Tonight? Oh, tomorrow night. Yes, I have her," he said while looking over at me. "You want me to keep her down here until you get here? She's in the basement, she can't get out. Alright, I won't touch her. Get here quick, and don't get caught." Then he hung up.

"You're daddy's on his way. Too bad it'll take a while. I miss our game nights, don't you?" He asked before leaving.

After he turned the light off and closed the door, I heard him chuckle down the hall. I started to cry. I didn't want this to happen. I want to go back home. When will Mommy find out? I want to be back in her arms, where I'm safe. I just hope she won't get too upset. I don't want her to be sad just because of me. I miss her so much.